Who’s in on AMC?? STONKS thread

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I bought in for 50 shares. I'm certainly doubtful it sky rockets but if I can double my money I am probably out. Personally I just look at it as getting a little money back from what I lost purchasing AMC the first round back in March. Sold it for a loss because well it seemed to be on its way out.....

I bought 100 shares in November for $2.88/ea. Sold January 22 for the same reason. The stock was down most of that time and I sold because it was finally showing a small profit. I had no idea it was going to do what it did. Kicking myself now for being too quick on the sell trigger. Lost myself over $1k in profit. Smdh...

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Trying to buy more dogecoin and good old Robinhood won’t let me

If you didn't already have cleared funds in Robinhood then you won't be able to buy until your deposit clears. This is the new Robinhood rule for all cryptocurrencies.

Hopefully you can get some soon. Based on this new restriction by Robinhood it'll take a few days for a lot of people to get their money through then they'll start buying and the price will begin moving up again.

venmos1

Established Member
I'm finding out there is a good amount of waiting time on webull for crypto too. I can buy stocks right away but need to wait for crypto.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a decent amount in GME since early last week. We will see how the next couple days go, I have a decent gain already that I would be happy with cashing in on.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member

Perfect description lol. Im currently holding 35 GME and picking up 10 more today hopefully, was looking at picking up AMC today instead but I believe GME is going to payoff in a few days. Will just have to wait and see I suppose.

venmos1

Established Member
Perfect description lol. Im currently holding 35 GME and picking up 10 more today hopefully, was looking at picking up AMC today instead but I believe GME is going to payoff in a few days. Will just have to wait and see I suppose.
you think GME is going to keep going up? it did drop a good amount, but isnt it still overpriced where its going to come down to where it "should be"? you dont think you would be better off buying the same amount of $$ in AMC (its at $14 right now) and get better gains? Im just thinking out loud.....im new to trading.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
you think GME is going to keep going up? it did drop a good amount, but isnt it still overpriced where its going to come down to where it "should be"? you dont think you would be better off buying the same amount of $$ in AMC (its at $14 right now) and get better gains? Im just thinking out loud.....im new to trading.

GME is still expected to rise this week. Thursday, I believe is what I read.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member

It started off as just a meme and a "WTF does that mean" for me. The more I read about the GME situation/momentum the more I got interested in it, so I kept reading and researching shorts. The moment RH stopped allowing people to buy among other shady things was when I decided to throw some money at it. This is just me gambling with some F-U money that I am not afraid to lose but with the way everything has been going in the last week leads me to believe this wasnt just a meme and has the potential to be quite lucrative. Time will tell.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It started off as just a meme and a "WTF does that mean" for me. The more I read about the GME situation/momentum the more I got interested in it, so I kept reading and researching shorts. The moment RH stopped allowing people to buy among other shady things was when I decided to throw some money at it. This is just me gambling with some F-U money that I am not afraid to lose but with the way everything has been going in the last week leads me to believe this wasnt just a meme and has the potential to be quite lucrative. Time will tell.

But do you understand why RH (and several other groups) stopped allowing the purchase of GME, AMC, NAKD, etc?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pressure from hedge funds

No.

Something to do with their clearing house not being able to cover the funds, that part was over my head.

100%.

Say, you do a $100,000 transaction. Your $100,000 usually takes 24-48 hours to clear. In the meantime, the app (Robinhood in this instance) will front usually about 1% or so to the clearing house in order to process the transaction, basically as a sign of good faith that the transaction will be fulfilled for the entire $100,000.

The clearing house, seeing that these stocks were so volatile and jumping all over the place, decided to increase the good faith deposit from 1% to 10%. So for every $100k transaction, RH had to come up with $10k to cover it up front.

RH didn't have the capacity to keep covering 10% of everyone's purchases, since they wouldn't receive your money for 24-48 hours.

quad

Established Member
Elon Musk dubs Robinhood CEO Vlad Tenev: "Vlad the Stock Impaler".

crazy4life

Established Member
No.

100%.

Say, you do a $100,000 transaction. Your $100,000 usually takes 24-48 hours to clear. In the meantime, the app (Robinhood in this instance) will front usually about 1% or so to the clearing house in order to process the transaction, basically as a sign of good faith that the transaction will be fulfilled for the entire $100,000.

The clearing house, seeing that these stocks were so volatile and jumping all over the place, decided to increase the good faith deposit from 1% to 10%. So for every $100k transaction, RH had to come up with $10k to cover it up front.

RH didn't have the capacity to keep covering 10% of everyone's purchases, since they wouldn't receive your money for 24-48 hours.

Or it could be that 40% of RH revenue comes from citidel. The same guys that are losing billions and billions of dollars. Not to mention their other hedge fund buddies that are on the hook for more billions. They probably had nothing to do with the shenanigans that went on.
The minute that RH stopped allowing people to buy GME and only sell GME the price went from 350 to 210 sparking a huge selloff. If you had to buy stocks to cover shorts RH just saved you 110 dollars a share. Buy the way, do some research and find out who controls the clearing house's.

RobinHood sells all their investor information to the hedge funds. This is why they can charge zero dollars per trade. How valuable is it to know what everyones stop or sell orders are priced at?
Cool story though.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Or it could be that 40% of RH revenue comes from citidel. The same guys that are losing billions and billions of dollars. Not to mention their other hedge fund buddies that are on the hook for more billions. They probably had nothing to do with the shenanigans that went on.
The minute that RH stopped allowing people to buy GME and only sell GME the price went from 350 to 210 sparking a huge selloff. If you had to buy stocks to cover shorts RH just saved you 110 dollars a share. Buy the way, do some research and find out who controls the clearing house's.

RobinHood sells all their investor information to the hedge funds. This is why they can charge zero dollars per trade. How valuable is it to know what everyones stop or sell orders are priced at?
Cool story though.

So, if you're right...they lose all of the lawsuits..,

If I'm right, the lawsuits get thrown out.

Look forward to seeing who was right.

Users who are viewing this thread