WHITE SMOKE rebuild engine

NastyNate420

Established Member
Hey Jose I give you props brother! I know its very hard to learn how to write the English language well.
Ive worked with many people that learned how to speak ok but could never write! Keep at it bro Dont let anyone get you down!
I have a Mach so I dont know about supercharger system on the termis but I do know the Mach engine pretty well. Im actually in the process of building my motor since I recently blew the head gasket and at 200k miles I figured it was about time.
Juiced46 has give you GOOD advice and my advice to you is the same to do a leakdown test. See if your pressurizing the coolant system. There is also a way you can test for exhaust gases in the coolant.
Juiced46 thanks for the help anyways I knoe my English is bad sorry about that
Slowsvt yea I knoe I didn't catch it till now honestly my English is broken and all jacked up trust I've been told told this plenty of times like on a daily basis but I'm getting better at it but thanks for the catch haha

SlowSVT

Established Member
Juiced46 thanks for the help anyways I knoe my English is bad sorry about that
Slowsvt yea I knoe I didn't catch it till now honestly my English is broken and all jacked up trust I've been told told this plenty of times like on a daily basis but I'm getting better at it but thanks for the catch haha

Understood, I respect your honesty you get a "pass"

Sometimes you get a guy who gives a rats ass about whether he's (or she) is communicating clearly which makes reading their post like driving down a cobblestone road strewn with potholes. Occasionally I screw-up and an miss things which can be a bit embarrassing but I always go back and fix them (like it did in my post spelling "prof" instead of "proof" :bash:). Proof reading is essential. The more you write the better you'll get at it.

chow

jose21

Established Member
Hey Jose I give you props brother! I know its very hard to learn how to write the English language well.
Ive worked with many people that learned how to speak ok but could never write! Keep at it bro Dont let anyone get you down!
I have a Mach so I dont know about supercharger system on the termis but I do know the Mach engine pretty well. Im actually in the process of building my motor since I recently blew the head gasket and at 200k miles I figured it was about time.
Juiced46 has give you GOOD advice and my advice to you is the same to do a leakdown test. See if your pressurizing the coolant system. There is also a way you can test for exhaust gases in the coolant.

Thanks brother it means a lot and I agree it's hard being in the military has helped me out alot with my English. And I hope everything goes well with your built. I will be doing the leak down test today since I got of work early.

jose21

Established Member
Understood, I respect your honesty you get a "pass"

Sometimes you get a guy who gives a rats ass about whether he's (or she) is communicating clearly which makes reading their post like driving down a cobblestone road strewn with potholes. Occasionally I screw-up and an miss things which can be a bit embarrassing but I always go back and fix them (like it did in my post spelling "prof" instead of "proof" :bash:). Proof reading is essential. The more you write the better you'll get at it.

chow
Thanks you for understanding I'm working on it so thank you

jose21

Established Member
Before you get all gung ho on thinking it is headgaskets just take a step back. I have been working on these engines since day 1 and mod motors for about 17 years now. It is extremely rare to have a headgasket issue on one of these engines. I am not saying it is totally impossible, but its very rare.

With that being said. Are you positive there is oil in the coolant? It is really hard to tell from the pictures what is what.

Next, I would still pull the blower and check the intercooler. Has the fluid level dropped in the intercooler reservoir?

Next, has fluid been pushing out of the engine coolant reservoir cap at all?

If the intercooler is fine. I would next check the oil cooler. There are some internal o rings in there. As well as the one that goes between the cooler and the block that go bad and deteriorate over time. This will cause oil and antifreeze to mix since they are both passed through the same unit. The o rings go bad, or the block gasket goes bad causing the mixture to happen. You need to check there next.

Easiest way to check is. Remove the oil filter. Get a coolant pressure tester and the correct adapter for the coolant reservoir. Usually you can rent them for free from Advance Auto or Autozone. Pressure test the engine cooling system. If water pours out where the oil filter was, you have a cooler problem. ALSO the shaft that the oil filter threads onto can loosen up. If it loosens up, its separates the connection of the cooler that keeps the coolant and oil separated. I would start looking in this area next.

If its not the oil cooler and its not the intercooler, then most likely the engine will have to come out. But I bet you will not find a headgasket issue. I have seen more times than not the cylinder walls to be cracked causing similar symptoms to yours than a headgasket problem

I ended up doing everything you said and the radiator has oil not the intercooler I did the pressure test and no coolant came out of the oil cooler can it be possible that the oil cooler gaskets are just bad and this is the problem??

hotcobra03

Established Member
Did pressure fall while testing?

Have you taken fluid out of radiator and look at it ..

I use bahrs leak and that leaves a mess in degas tank

did you pressure test intercooler

jose21

Established Member
Did pressure fall while testing?

Have you taken fluid out of radiator and look at it ..

I use bahrs leak and that leaves a mess in degas tank

did you pressure test intercooler

Pressure did not fall in radiator. I did take out some of the fluid from the radiator and there is definitely alot of oil in it. And unfortunately I didn't pressure test the intercooler it has never shown low coolant on it so I just figured it is not that.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I ended up doing everything you said and the radiator has oil not the intercooler I did the pressure test and no coolant came out of the oil cooler can it be possible that the oil cooler gaskets are just bad and this is the problem??

Did it hold pressure? How much pressure did you use to test?

If the oil cooler gasket at the block was bad and you pressure tested the cooling system from the reservoir it would push coolant out of the oil filter area with the filter removed.

Next 2 things you need to do. Drain the oil, if there is water/coolant in there, water will come out first. Drain it into a clean container and put it into a clear jug and let it sit for a bit and see if it separates.

Get a leak down tester. Do a leak down test on every cylinder @ BDC and TDC. Pay attention to the coolant in the reservoir when doing this to see if it bubbles. If it does, you have an internal engine problem, most likely a cracked cylinder wall. Like I said, headgaskets are rare, but possible. Is this an untouched stock engine or has it ever been apart before?

jose21

Established Member
Did it hold pressure? How much pressure did you use to test?

If the oil cooler gasket at the block was bad and you pressure tested the cooling system from the reservoir it would push coolant out of the oil filter area with the filter removed.

Next 2 things you need to do. Drain the oil, if there is water/coolant in there, water will come out first. Drain it into a clean container and put it into a clear jug and let it sit for a bit and see if it separates.

Get a leak down tester. Do a leak down test on every cylinder @ BDC and TDC. Pay attention to the coolant in the reservoir when doing this to see if it bubbles. If it does, you have an internal engine problem, most likely a cracked cylinder wall. Like I said, headgaskets are rare, but possible. Is this an untouched stock engine or has it ever been apart before?

Pressure did hold and I used what the cap said 16 psi.
The engine has never been apart before.
I will be doing the leak down test next then the oil in the clear jug

jose21

Established Member
Just an update I know its been awhile but it turned out to be my oil cooler and intercooler so for those that helped me out with advice thank you!

MineralCobra

Established Member
Good to hear you got it sorted out. So was it the oil cooler gaskets or the intercooler o ring gaskets that leaked ?

speeddemon2000

Established Member
So your saying the reason there was oil in the coolant was caused by a bad oil cooler o-rings?

The issue with the smoke was caused by an issue with your IC leaking?

The picture of you spark plugs is that oil or coolant?

jose21

Established Member
So your saying the reason there was oil in the coolant was caused by a bad oil cooler o-rings?

The issue with the smoke was caused by an issue with your IC leaking?

The picture of you spark plugs is that oil or coolant?

Yes and yes as for the spark plugs i honestly can't remember :/ lol

Users who are viewing this thread