White smoke after winter storage

sweetlou1182

Established Member
Hi SVT!

Pulled the car out this week and it had some trouble starting. After I finally got it going huge clouds and white smoke came out of the tailpipe. I then noticed the supercharger tank was empty with no signs of a leak. When I popped the cap it started hissing at me haha. Any idea what this could be? Maybe a bad gasket that’s sucking the coolant out?

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Did you have a good mixture of anti-freeze in the heat exchanger/intercooler system? It could potentially be a cracked and leaking intercooler core, leaking water into your intake manifold.

sweetlou1182

Established Member
Did you have a good mixture of anti-freeze in the heat exchanger/intercooler system? It could potentially be a cracked and leaking intercooler core, leaking water into your intake manifold.

I did have the recommended mixture in there. Didn’t pull the blower off yet to check the core or the gasket on the IM. Def similar thinking tho, will have a chance coming week to check that out.

sweetlou1182

Established Member
Turned it over this am, Also a very loud humming noise coming from the blower/IM. Even when at idle. Don’t think it’s belt related either

Users who are viewing this thread