Whistle from engine after shut off after tvs

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
When shut down, car has a whistle. Heard it on other cars (brands, etc) but never on this one till after tvs blower was installed. Normal?

kevinp

Established Member
I dont hear anything at all after I shut it off, only thing I can think of that would hold vacuum and leak is the power brake booster itself or the check valve.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Only about 5-7 seconds. I seem to recall my first termi making a similar sound.

I'd be concerned it was an intake leak or something, but if that was bad enough it would throw a code so no worries.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Pretty darn sure the pcv lines all plugged up tight and all. I'll go by and check it out later today. Also gonna retorque the intake bolts just to make sure

SicShelby09

Banned
Pretty darn sure the pcv lines all plugged up tight and all. I'll go by and check it out later today. Also gonna retorque the intake bolts just to make sure

Its normal. As I already stated. Ask this question is the GT500 section and those guys with the TVS blowers will tell you the same thing. Its the boost bypass opening up and letting out the pressure from the system on shut off. I have owned both the terminator and the GT500 and they all do this too because the blowers all have the boost bypass built in. Its normal.

kevinp

Established Member
Its normal. As I already stated. Ask this question is the GT500 section and those guys with the TVS blowers will tell you the same thing. Its the boost bypass opening up and letting out the pressure from the system on shut off. I have owned both the terminator and the GT500 and they all do this too because the blowers all have the boost bypass built in. Its normal.

Mine doesnt make any noise at all after shutoff, neither did my GT500 (stock blower), nothing that I noticed anyhow. Its more than possible the bypass is making the noise, honestly I have never really listened for anything under the hood at shutoff :)

SicShelby09

Banned
Mine doesnt make any noise at all after shutoff, neither did my GT500 (stock blower), nothing that I noticed anyhow. Its more than possible the bypass is making the noise, honestly I have never really listened for anything under the hood at shutoff :)

How much of a pffffff or whistle you hear is baised on the driving habbits before you turned it off. More pressure in the system means more noise. And also, I always heard it because I always parked my car in my garage. But, when it was turned off outside I couldn't hear it. The garage would echo the sounds the car made on shutoff, and you could hear them easily. Outside you will not hear it.

kevinp

Established Member
How much of a pffffff or whistle you hear is baised on the driving habbits before you turned it off. More pressure in the system means more noise. And also, I always heard it because I always parked my car in my garage. But, when it was turned off outside I couldn't hear it. The garage would echo the sounds the car made on shutoff, and you could hear them easily. Outside you will not hear it.

I park in the garage and I'm pretty good at hearing out of the ordinary noises, I'll have one of my kids turn it off while listening under the hood just to see.

Users who are viewing this thread