Whippledsonic Wanting To Join The Pack

whippledsonic

Established Member
WELL I FINALLY TOOK THE TIME TO GET INVOLVED WITH THIS GREAT SITE. BEEN READING IT FOR SOME TIME NOW.I HAVE A 2003 COBRA SONIC BLUE VERT. BEEN BUYING AND PUTTING MODS ON IT SINCE LAST SUMMER. I AM A GOOD FRIEND OF WHIPPLEBLOWNO3 AND HE HAS BEEN HELPING ME ALONG THE WAY,ALONG WITH ANOTHER FRIEND OF OURS (JAMIE)OWNER OF A 04 MACH 1 (1 BAD MACH 1 ).NOT VERY GOOD WITH COMPUTERS, SO I WILL SEND PICS OF MY TERMINATOR LATER MY LIST OF MODS ARE ---WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGER W140 AX W/3.0 PULLEY---ACCUFAB TB---SIEMAN DEKA 60LB INJECTORS---K&N AIR FILTER KIT---SLP LINE LOCK---P-FAB TANK---LFP EXCHANGER---IRS BRACE---LDC COOLING MOD---EVOLUTION MOTOR SPORTS X-BRACE W/D-LOOP---315/30/18 BFG GRAG RADIALS ON AMP WHEELS---RWTD SCT X-CAL2/MAFIA---AUTOPOWER 6 POINT ROLL CAGE(SENDING OUT NEXT WEEK FOR CHROME) W/5POINT HARNESS---DYNO JET WIDE BAND W/AF GUAGE---AUTOMETER BOOST GUAGE---MGW SHIFTER---BASSINI HEADERS W/ SLP LOUD MOUTH EXHAUST W/X-PIPE---DFX CLUTCH --- KENNE BELL BAP---W/26 SPLINE IMPUT SHAFT(PUTTING IN SOON)---AND LEVEL 5 HALFSHAFTS ARE ON THE WAY.

DONT HAVE ALL OF THESE MODS ON YET, BUT SOON!!!!

BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH A LEAN AF READING AT IDLE,ALSO ROUGH IDLE AND FALLS ON ITS FACE BETWEEN SHIFTS WHEN GETTING ON IT.
WENT TO HORSEPOWER CONNECTIONS IN OLYMPIA AND MADE 2 PULLS, THATS WHERE WE SEEN THE DIFFERANCE BETWEEN WHIPPLEBLOWNS03 AND MINE (WE BOTH HAVE THE SAME BUILD-UP) MY AF IS ALL OVER THE PLACE.
WEVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS PROBLEM FOR SOME TIME NOW AND I FINALLY DECIDED TO PULL THE WHIPPLE OFF THIS WEEKEND AND HAVE ALL OF MY NEW INJECTORS FLOWED TO SEE IF I HAD A BAD ONE. I DIDNT! SO NOW IM GOING TO REINSTALL THE WHIPPLE AND GO AFTER MY TUNE.. BTW ME AND WHIPPLEBLOWN HAVE THE SAME TUNER WITH THE SAME TUNES, HIS AF IS FAT, MINE IS LEAN :cuss: GO FIGURE!!!! ALSO CKECKED THE MAP (BARREL READINGS WERE FINE) AND PUT IN ANOTHER SET OF TR6 GAPPED AT 28. AND PUT IN NEW O2 SEN... MY CARS SPARK-KNOCKS AT 15,17,20 DEGREE TUNES UNDER A HARD PULL, ON 92 OCTANE. MAKES CLOSE TO 500RWHP WITH A INCORRECT TUNE. I ALSO HAVE A PREDITOR , AND BRIAN AT HORSEPOWER CONNECTIONS IS A PREDITOR TUNER.HAVE NOT INSTALLED MY DYNO JET WIDE BAND YET,MAY SELL IT,SINCE HORSEPOWER CON.. CAN BUILD ME A CUSTOM TUNE ON THIER DYNO.. CONFUSED AND ANY HELP OUT THIER WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. BTW THE CAR RAN GREAT WHEN IT WAS STOCK.DONT GET ME WRONG , IM NOT BASHING ANY TUNERS OUT THERE,I KNOW ALL TERMINATORS ARE DIFFERENT IN THIER OWN WAY, MINE JUST SEEMS TO BE A LITTLE BIT FINICKY ABOUT THIS BUILD I AM TRYING TO DO.SEEMS LIKE THER ARE OTHER TERMINATORS HAVING THIS SIMILAR PROBLEM AND ITS RELATED TO THE TUNE.. THINK IF I CAN GET MORE FUEL TO INJECTORS ILL BE HAPPY... THANKS FOR ANY INPUT... BTW HOPEFULLY GET TO MEET YOU GUYS IN THE WEST AT TRIPLE X OR SOMEWHERE SOON AND LOOKING FOWARD TO LAYING DOWN SOME GOOD TIMES AT THE TRACK WHEN WE GET LEAN PROBLEM FIXED.. :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Sounds allot like a maf issue. I'd get them to look at your maf transfer function. That table is so key to all aspects of your tune. If its off even 0.001 it will show.

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
welcome aboard...I got my tune from RWTD and am going to have to datalog and tune as well using all conditions the car may experience in order to teach the ECU. Here is a link that I found useful, considering that I'm not technically proficient, I still found it useful in understanding some of the basics. After my halfshaft conversion to level 5's this weekend, I'm heading over to Rick up north and we are going to start the process. I'll let you know how we do. BTW, my car falls flat if I hit it two times in a row at WOT...I've been told that mapping the cars driving habits will fill in the holes in the tune.

Jake

Jake

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member
Nice color of choice. We got to meet up sometime when the weather is nice. I'm in Aberdeen. I pm Paul sometime ago and told him I was going to stop by. I'm having a high idle at 1500 when coming to a stop :( (yeh, BF throttle body). And I want him to check it out. BTW I'm Homer :thumbsup:

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
WELCOME! lol! Wanted to stay inline with the intensity of the the conversation:thumbsup: Looks like you got a strong, potential runner on your hands. Looks like you need to sort through the tune and smooth things out. The components seem good so that's a start. See that you're running TR6... is this a cold enough plug for your application? I know guys are running iridiums with similar setups... I actually had to swap mine out (had TR7ix) back to TR6, but I'm only running a 3.5 and will not go as high as a 3.0:shrug:

Also, if you get car put back together by Sat and if your free, come on up to Marysville for a dyno run... most of us will be pulling to log and not for tuning. There's alot of guys that have gone through some Winter mods and be interesting to see what everyone puts down.

If not the dyno, there's always an ad-hoc get together at XXX later that afternoon - suppose to be sunny this Saturday:pepper:

Anyways, good having you here in the West:beer: Looking forward to meeting you in person.

Christian

whippledsonic

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
Sounds allot like a maf issue. I'd get them to look at your maf transfer function. That table is so key to all aspects of your tune. If its off even 0.001 it will show.

will take a look at that, thanks,first have to get it back together. will be going to pauls next week to get alot more mods installed
headers,26 spline input shaft,dfx cluth, ldc cooling mod,x-brace,irs brace,lpf exchanger .let you know what we find. :thumbsup:

whippledsonic

Established Member
Christian said:
WELCOME! lol! Wanted to stay inline with the intensity of the the conversation:thumbsup: Looks like you got a strong, potential runner on your hands. Looks like you need to sort through the tune and smooth things out. The components seem good so that's a start. See that you're running TR6... is this a cold enough plug for your application? I know guys are running iridiums with similar setups... I actually had to swap mine out (had TR7ix) back to TR6, but I'm only running a 3.5 and will not go as high as a 3.0:shrug:

Also, if you get car put back together by Sat and if your free, come on up to Marysville for a dyno run... most of us will be pulling to log and not for tuning. There's alot of guys that have gone through some Winter mods and be interesting to see what everyone puts down.

If not the dyno, there's always an ad-hoc get together at XXX later that afternoon - suppose to be sunny this Saturday:pepper:

Anyways, good having you here in the West:beer: Looking forward to meeting you in person.

Christian
thanks for the invite,dont know yet if i can make it,i'll try.looking foward to meeting you guys :beer:

whippledsonic

Established Member
Lethal SVT97 said:
Nice color of choice. We got to meet up sometime when the weather is nice. I'm in Aberdeen. I pm Paul sometime ago and told him I was going to stop by. I'm having a high idle at 1500 when coming to a stop :( (yeh, BF throttle body). And I want him to check it out. BTW I'm Homer :thumbsup:

hello homer,also nice choice in color,spoke with paul tonight ,says your terminator is sweet,cant wait to meet,maybe next week at his place when we are doing more mod installs on my (lean 03) :lol: take care.btw im michael.

whippledsonic

Established Member
suprjagr said:
welcome aboard...I got my tune from RWTD and am going to have to datalog and tune as well using all conditions the car may experience in order to teach the ECU. Here is a link that I found useful, considering that I'm not technically proficient, I still found it useful in understanding some of the basics. After my halfshaft conversion to level 5's this weekend, I'm heading over to Rick up north and we are going to start the process. I'll let you know how we do. BTW, my car falls flat if I hit it two times in a row at WOT...I've been told that mapping the cars driving habits will fill in the holes in the tune.

Jake

Jake

thanks for the great link ,helps with the basics,btw curious about your level 5 install your going to be doing.whippleblown03 and myself are still waiting for ours to get here.will be installing shortly after. any advice or tech tips would be great. thanks. take care, looking foward to meeting up ya. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread