Whippled vs Ported

PKFIRE

Established Member
Has anyone pulled a whippled Terminator with a Ported m112 eaton Terminator?

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I think it could happen. I have two buddies with ported E85 cars ~550rwhp cars that ran right with my lower boost whipple pump gas car. But I think it would require E85.

GodStang

Established Member
I have seen a stock Eaton Pull a 700rwhp Twin Screw... Bad tires and he just spun and the eaton hooked. I could see a 13-15psi Twin Screw on 91 octane have issues with a ported eaton with cams and E85. The problem is most guys, not all, are 17+psi on a twin screw making 580-600 minimum.

PKFIRE

Established Member
I'm asking because I was able to pull my buddies 2.3 whipple Cobra in a 3rd gear pull a couple of times. I added a 2.7 and new tune but my car makes no where near as much WHP as he does. I also had an extra person but last time he had an extra person and we were about even when I only had the 2.8 upper.

GodStang

Established Member
I'm asking because I was able to pull my buddies 2.3 whipple Cobra in a 3rd gear pull a couple of times. I added a 2.7 and new tune but my car makes no where near as much WHP as he does. I also had an extra person but last time he had an extra person and we were about even when I only had the 2.8 upper.

So many possibilities. Poor traction, bad driver, and others.

PKFIRE

Established Member
So many possibilities. Poor traction, bad driver, and others.

No traction loss, 50 mph to top of 3rd unless he pushed the gas wrong. It was a fair run two times. We started pretty even but I pulled at the top of the rpms.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
50mph started the race in 3rd?

The Eaton will win most of the time as the torque comes on faster. My ported Eaton with a 2.9/6lb lower against my 2.3 Whipple at 22lbs would kill the Whipple from a 40 roll in 4th. You're making it a torque race.

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
The shifts can make or break a race even with a 100 hp differance.
my car is night and day after removing the pprv and installing the wot no shift box.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
Lots of factors. with everything equal, the guys that are running big twinscrews at 15lbs of boost, or I remember a 2.2 kb at 15 to 17lbs, against a ported eaton running 17-18, that eaton was right there with that twinscrew cobra. IMO, you need 19lbs or more on a twinscrew. 15lb twinscrew may put up a pretty cool peak hp number, but it will get its feelings hurt

PKFIRE

Established Member
50mph started the race in 3rd?

The Eaton will win most of the time as the torque comes on faster. My ported Eaton with a 2.9/6lb lower against my 2.3 Whipple at 22lbs would kill the Whipple from a 40 roll in 4th. You're making it a torque race.

Makes sense

The shifts can make or break a race even with a 100 hp differance.
my car is night and day after removing the pprv and installing the wot no shift box.
Nice! I wanted to put one of these WOT no shift box's on my srt-4.
Lots of factors. with everything equal, the guys that are running big twinscrews at 15lbs of boost, or I remember a 2.2 kb at 15 to 17lbs, against a ported eaton running 17-18, that eaton was right there with that twinscrew cobra. IMO, you need 19lbs or more on a twinscrew. 15lb twinscrew may put up a pretty cool peak hp number, but it will get its feelings hurt

I really want his car to pull ahead of mine. He has a bit more work done to his and it is the next blower I would want to put into my car. It seems as what you said is true. I'm actually making less boost than him. I have not ridden in a whipple cobra but I'm not sure if would feel any faster unless it's boosted past 18psi like you said. My tuner said it is a whole different animal. I'm not too sure though at boost below 18.

Users who are viewing this thread