Whipple Woes

spanky777will

Established Member
Well dyno testing of my whipple will have to wait longer. My torque converter began making a lot of noise so i pulled my tranny to send it out to PI. When i disconnected my pass side long tube from the cat cooland came pouring out. So i pulled the pass side head for a head gasket and here is what i found:
normal_Picture%20079%7E1.jpg

normal_Picture%20089%7E0.jpg

normal_Picture%20090%7E0.jpg

normal_Picture%20081%7E1.jpg

normal_Picture%20083%7E0.jpg

normal_Picture%20086%7E0.jpg

More pics here

Will

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
damn that sucks! it that cylinder wall cracked (second from bottom pic)? best of luck to you man.

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
I would say that torque converter noise is the least of your problems at this point. Sorry to see those pics - been there, done that, shirt was not a good fit so I know what it feels like. The only good thing about it is that you can now get a long block worthy of the Whipple.

Bird

Last edited:

BigRick

Whippled Roush
Established Member
Yikes.Nothing like the old valve in the combustion chamber trick.Used to happen to me fairly often when I ran those Chevy smallblocks. :loser:

I take it you will be doing a total rebuild,maybe some stronger rods while you are at it? :beer:

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
ezernut9mm said:
damn that sucks! it that cylinder wall cracked (second from bottom pic)? best of luck to you man.

That sucks.. That Does look like a pretty nasty crack.. Poor Motor!

spanky777will

Established Member
Well what happened was i broke a valve spring in 3 pieces that caused the valve keepers to come out and the valve to enter the combustion chaimber. I already have manley rods and those are manley pistons. The block was already built. Yes the block is cracked and is now scrap.

The torque converter was being sent out anyways and made the motor pull a shitload easier

Will

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
damn dood. sorry to hear that the block is toasted. hopefully this will lead to better things! keep the faith!

supragod98

Established Member
Damn that blows. Were those heads built up or stock? If there were built who built them and what valve springs were they using?

Users who are viewing this thread