Whipple VS Kenne bell ??

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Black- I like Whipple because it looks more "stock" and like it belongs there

Polished-KB, you can't beat a polished mirror on top of your motor, just have to change the pulley cause KB pulleys are hideous.

But power wise, I have to say Whipple, at least on 03/04, because the TQ number is so much higher with Whipple.

Just my .02

I guess that is why I prefer Polished..........OEM/stock looking is just that, OEM/stock looking. <<And there is nothing the matter with that, but with the many, many non-S/C'ed cars out there showing their stuff at a car show, I want the blower on my car to stand out and be the center of attraction under my hood at a car show, and not blend in with the OEM underhood plastic and hoses.

But that is just my opinion.......:beer:

R

Last edited:

jenkins_1120

Established Member
When I make toast I like to save time and make at least 8 slices at a time...

154099_460231192321_90483127321_5711301_4928583_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

someones been following epicmealtime. but seriously im fighting the same battle.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Never heard of it. I just dig Whipple giving marine based engines the attention they do!

jenkins_1120

Established Member
Sausage making you say?

40275_414751437321_90483127321_4831524_4331765_n.jpg

When I make toast I like to save time and make at least 8 slices at a time...

154099_460231192321_90483127321_5711301_4928583_n.jpg

Never heard of it. I just dig Whipple giving marine based engines the attention they do!

ohhh well then..nm. i do like the whipples but love the efficiency of the KB. well if you get a chance look those guys up.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Thing has more hoses going to it than a ride at water world. Must have a built in sprinkler system inside of it. They'll have a set of cooling ports coming off the side of it pretty soon in the shape of headers to get rid of more heat.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i have an unhealthy obsession with watching off-shore powerboat racing whenever i can find it on TV. no idea why, but i just love watching that shit!!!

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
so are we ever gonna see a straight up independent blower shootout? 2.8LC vs 2.9l, same car, same dyno, similar conditions(since it'll take time to swap one off and swap the other on). or 2.8LC vs 2.9l, 2 identical stock cars, back to back baseline stock dyno, then swap the blowers on and run back to back on the dyno, factoring in the difference between the stock baselines. log all the stats, IAT and the like.
someone make this happen, lets get some legit independent numbers out there! maybe van and lethal can sponsor this, along with a dyno shop. i'm sure it wouldn't be too much trouble to find a car or two to use.

Let's make this happen. Let's do a 4.0 whipple vs 4.2 KB while were at it.

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

I think the 4.2LC requires the cowl/firewall sheet metal to be cut and modified for blower fitment, so it would require a car who's owner does not mind that kind of mod on their car for this to happen...............

R

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
I think Whipples marine business is pretty good world over...the 05+ mustang gt has to be their best sell ever though I imagine.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
:beer:

I think the 4.2LC requires the cowl/firewall sheet metal to be cut and modified for blower fitment, so it would require a car who's owner does not mind that kind of mod on their car for this to happen...............

R
on top of that, i figure that the 2.8 and 2.9 are probably the volume s'chargers for each brand. and they're the closest in displacement as well, so we can try to minimize the variables and get it down to supercharger efficiency alone. same CAI on both if possible, maybe even a custom tune for each to try and get the 'safe max' of each.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
so are we ever gonna see a straight up independent blower shootout? 2.8LC vs 2.9l, same car, same dyno, similar conditions(since it'll take time to swap one off and swap the other on). or 2.8LC vs 2.9l, 2 identical stock cars, back to back baseline stock dyno, then swap the blowers on and run back to back on the dyno, factoring in the difference between the stock baselines. log all the stats, IAT and the like.
someone make this happen, lets get some legit independent numbers out there! maybe van and lethal can sponsor this, along with a dyno shop. i'm sure it wouldn't be too much trouble to find a car or two to use.

Yes you will!
The M car is currently being fitted with a nice new 2.9 whipper snapper
And I (H car) already have a 2.8 Toaster Bell
We have all the same mods otherwise.
When the track opens, its on like donkey kong son! :rockon:

Last edited:

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
All this which blower is faster makes my brain hurt. We all know that a cars total setup is more important to going fast than whether or not someone decides to purchase a KB or whipple. Of course people that make money from sales on a supercharger are going to point out examples that promote them making money. For example, when I had my car tuned at HPP they had just recently gotten finished installing a 2.9 on an 03. It made 70 more horseback power than my car did. However, there were a lot of thing different between the cars. That car had full 1 7/8" looks headers and full three inch exhaust to my 1 5/8" bb and 2.5" exhaust. That car had elevated static compression ratio compared to my factory rated static compression ratio. That car had stage 3 ported heads compared to my factory stock heads. That car had custom cams, mine has stage 2 crower cams (probably not much of a difference here but a little).

Most people just look at what size and brand blower are on the car and make a judgement. I mean if you don't specifically look at the differences in exhaust size, compression, etc; the cars look close in setup minus the heads. Thus making it seem like the 2.9 makes a lot more power than my 2.8 when in reality that car just has a more powerful overall setup. Oh well, it takes money to go fast an I was on a budget.

Users who are viewing this thread