Whipple vs. KB???

TEAL 93 SVT

Established Member
I am posting under a freinds account here so dont kill me.
I will be building my 04 cobra since my brother crashed my first one:bash:
On this one I am planing on doing a blower upgrade(KB or Whipple) My power goal is around 650rwhp on pump gas on a nice safe tune.
QUESTION: Which blower would be better on a daily driver as far as duriablity and power out put to my goal?
Here is what I am thinking; full exhaust, TB/MAF/CIA, Blower swap, cams, axles, inputshaft and surporting fuel mods.
OK so which blower would work best on getting me to my goal? KB 2.6, KB 2.8, Whipple 2.4 or 3.4?
I know boost levels would be diffrent on each blower to reach my goal but, what do you think it would take to get there?

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
both blowers are well respected and are both very nice blowers, im sure you could flip a coin, but, i recomend you find a tuner you trust thats highly recomended, find out what blower they are comfortable with and go with that blower, jmho.
good talk

spincobra03

Established Member
well I know you can get to 630 with a 2.3 on 17lbs of boost which is pretty safe but the key is ABSOLUTLY THE TUNER if you get the right one the blowers will get you there. I happen to like the whipple myself. either way you go 600 plus is sweet power, you will love it.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
same thing spelled differently...LOL find a displacement you can use

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
TEAL 93 SVT said:
I am posting under a freinds account here so dont kill me.
I will be building my 04 cobra since my brother crashed my first one:bash:
On this one I am planing on doing a blower upgrade(KB or Whipple) My power goal is around 650rwhp on pump gas on a nice safe tune.
QUESTION: Which blower would be better on a daily driver as far as duriablity and power out put to my goal?
Here is what I am thinking; full exhaust, TB/MAF/CIA, Blower swap, cams, axles, inputshaft and surporting fuel mods.
OK so which blower would work best on getting me to my goal? KB 2.6, KB 2.8, Whipple 2.4 or 3.4?
I know boost levels would be diffrent on each blower to reach my goal but, what do you think it would take to get there?

If you're only shooting for a mean daily driver on pump gas and a good tune, I say you go with the Whipple. It's cheaper and has proven itself to "get the job done." I think you should shoot for around 600-630 RWHP on a safe 17psi tune; depending on what other bolt-on's you're looking to do. Good luck and understand that no matter what choice you make, you're going to be more then satisfied! It's like choosing who you'd rather have sex with... Jessica Alba or Eva Longoria? It's a win/win situation! Hahahahahahahaha!

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
If you're only shooting for a mean daily driver on pump gas and a good tune, I say you go with the Whipple. It's cheaper and has proven itself to "get the job done." I think you should shoot for around 600-630 RWHP on a safe 17psi tune; depending on what other bolt-on's you're looking to do. Good luck and understand that no matter what choice you make, you're going to be more then satisfied! It's like choosing who you'd rather have sex with... Jessica Alba or Eva Longoria? It's a win/win situation! Hahahahahahahaha!

I could not have said it better myself, only thing better would be a threesome with both, i mean Jessica and Eva, not having two blowers , but that would rock also :) lol

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
F8L_50 said:
yes YES CUSTOM FABRICATE BOTH BLOWErS MWAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAH call it the whipzilla
:lol: i dont think u can lose with either dude. But the whipples ribbed outer case is very enticing and will get the job done like someone already said. Ribbed for her pleasure :D

Users who are viewing this thread