Whipple stiegemeier ported plenum pictures

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
Let them get the before and after results available to post before you call them out for "stalling" on the numbers. I'm sure they are just busy at their location and need to find time to get the results in a presentable format (as to not disappoint the lynch mob) so that they can be posted. :thumbsup:

:pop:

Last edited:

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
Are you stalling now? How about some numbers or something.

Jebus!
Give it a second.
The initial delay is entirely my fault. I had a new clutch put in last week. Turns out the 'new' shop was a really bad idea. I arrived in St Louis with a broken TOB retainer sleeve. We got the transmission out on Monday, and today (Tuesday) I tracked down a new TOB and sleeve (FedEx and Lethal ROCK :rockon:)

The transmission will hopefully go back in on Wed. So we are at least 3 days behind. We could not start the porting because we needed the car to do the 'before' part and could not do that with the broken sleeve....

As soon as he can, Stiegemeier will begin the work. It may drift into the beginning of next week. Nobody is hiding anything... nobody is stalling anything.... just me having crap luck:shrug:

As for the attitudes in this thread, you guys are killing me:nonono:

Stiegemeier has delivered the most cost effective and dependable service we have gotten from any vendor since the 03/04 were introduced. He has an absolute bullet proof reputation.

For years Stiegemeier has provided humor, good advice/information and a superior product. And some of you are in here with an attitude like he's trying to steal your last dollar.:nono:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Jebus!
Give it a second.
The initial delay is entirely my fault. I had a new clutch put in last week. Turns out the 'new' shop was a really bad idea. I arrived in St Louis with a broken TOB retainer sleeve. We got the transmission out on Monday, and today (Tuesday) I tracked down a new TOB and sleeve (FedEx and Lethal ROCK :rockon:)

The transmission will hopefully go back in on Wed. So we are at least 3 days behind. We could not start the porting because we needed the car to do the 'before' part and could not do that with the broken sleeve....

As soon as he can, Stiegemeier will begin the work. It may drift into the beginning of next week. Nobody is hiding anything... nobody is stalling anything.... just me having crap luck:shrug:

As for the attitudes in this thread, you guys are killing me:nonono:

Stiegemeier has delivered the most cost effective and dependable service we have gotten from any vendor since the 03/04 were introduced. He has an absolute bullet proof reputation.

For years Stiegemeier has provided humor, good advice/information and a superior product. And some of you are in here with an attitude like he's trying to steal your last dollar.:nono:
Thanks for the reply..
Just so i know how much weight / consideration to lend to your feedback, would you mind saying if you paid retail for the work / service? or received any monetary or non-monetary incentive that could potentially impact your feedback?

This is a service i can see myself interested in, however the vendor has recently shaken my confidence with the recent antics involving a competing vendor.

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
Thanks for the reply..
Just so i know how much weight / consideration to lend to your feedback, would you mind saying if you paid retail for the work / service? or received any monetary or non-monetary incentive that could potentially impact your feedback?

This is a service i can see myself interested in, however the vendor has recently shaken my confidence with the recent antics involving a competing vendor.

Per the original offer from Stiegemeier I expect to pay around 50% of the retail cost. However. In addition to that I have a rental car, hotel & travel expenses. I drove 350 miles for the opportunity to have Bob work on the car himself rather than just send the blower. So in the end I assume it will be a wash.... I had a car that was uniquely set up to provide test numbers, and am gratefull he choose to use it.

Other than the posted discount, I am not being compensated in any way. My appreciation for the impact Stiegemeier has had is based on the ~540 Horsepower I made with a Stage IV (on a built moter 518 on stock), and his consistent support of our cars.

And if he or any one at his shop has interacted poorly with any customers, I am unaware of it.:shrug:

Satyr

Established Member
waiting to hear on this...would be a great upgrade for the whipple owners who don't want to move all the way up to a new pulley.

good luck

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Per the original offer from Stiegemeier I expect to pay around 50% of the retail cost. However. In addition to that I have a rental car, hotel & travel expenses. I drove 350 miles for the opportunity to have Bob work on the car himself rather than just send the blower. So in the end I assume it will be a wash.... I had a car that was uniquely set up to provide test numbers, and am gratefull he choose to use it.

Other than the posted discount, I am not being compensated in any way. My appreciation for the impact Stiegemeier has had is based on the ~540 Horsepower I made with a Stage IV (on a built moter 518 on stock), and his consistent support of our cars.

And if he or any one at his shop has interacted poorly with any customers, I am unaware of it.:shrug:
Cool bro. I wish the best for your ride and like you (i'm sure) are eagerly awaiting the results.

02reaper

Established Member
Let them get the before and after results available to post before you call them out for "stalling" on the numbers. I'm sure they are just busy at their location and need to find time to get the results in a presentable format (as to not disappoint the lynch mob) so that they can be posted. :thumbsup:

:pop:

I thought the Original owner of the first piece pictured on the first page was supposed to post the results? I saw a post on another board where someone got a pm saying

"Then I got an e-mail yesterday and the subject was "Bigger 2.3 Whipple Inlet, I have one with no results to"

So, was that the first one that was designed by Steigemeier?

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
I thought the Original owner of the first piece pictured on the first page was supposed to post the results? I saw a post on another board where someone got a pm saying

"Then I got an e-mail yesterday and the subject was "Bigger 2.3 Whipple Inlet, I have one with no results to"

So, was that the first one that was designed by Steigemeier?

As I understand it, there have been several Whipples that have had 'some' work done. Each of these was an individual area where Stiegemeier saw an opportunity to make some improvements. There was never an intention to post results until there was a product / service that was offered for sale.

Now, Stiegemeier has a plan for porting the inlet and the blower that will combine all of the things he has learned on the others. My car will be the first to have the "Whole Package" and as such there will be 'before' and 'after' Dyno and Flow Bench numbers. And a price set for the service.

And if everybody thinks back, this was exactly the same procedure 7 years ago for the Stage 1 Eaton.

02reaper

Established Member
As I understand it, there have been several Whipples that have had 'some' work done. Each of these was an individual area where Stiegemeier saw an opportunity to make some improvements. There was never an intention to post results until there was a product / service that was offered for sale.

Now, Stiegemeier has a plan for porting the inlet and the blower that will combine all of the things he has learned on the others. My car will be the first to have the "Whole Package" and as such there will be 'before' and 'after' Dyno and Flow Bench numbers. And a price set for the service.

And if everybody thinks back, this was exactly the same procedure 7 years ago for the Stage 1 Eaton.

So, the inlet that was originally posted has already been tested and showed no gain and the next test which is your car will have the blower ported and the inlet ported? The reason for all of these questions is that Steigemeier originally posted that the person putting on the inlet would post the results which haven't been posted yet. Then I read a thread where someone said that they received and email stating that another person seen no gains from another inlet port. The only two that I know that have them out so far is Posi and Steigemeier, which Posi has already posted his results of no gain.

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
So, the inlet that was originally posted has already been tested and showed no gain and the next test which is your car will have the blower ported and the inlet ported? The reason for all of these questions is that Steigemeier originally posted that the person putting on the inlet would post the results which haven't been posted yet. Then I read a thread where someone said that they received and email stating that another person seen no gains from another inlet port. The only two that I know that have them out so far is Posi and Steigemeier, which Posi has already posted his results of no gain.

What Stiegemeier said was he would leave it up to the owner to post results or not if he wanted to.:read:

As I said, Stiegemeier told me there have been others. Just none that have had everything done that he thinks he can do.

The whole point of having my set-up was so that he could do the complete port, and post before and after numbers.

As for "I read a thread about a guy who got an email"... I don't know what to tell you. Stiegemeier thinks he can get results good enough to offer a service worth paying for. Based on his track record, I believe him. I guess we will just have to wait a few more days and see.

If it makes anyody feel better. He has not told me what kind of gains he expects either.

Tremor

NO MERCY
What Stiegemeier said was he would leave it up to the owner to post results or not if he wanted to.:read:

As I said, Stiegemeier told me there have been others. Just none that have had everything done that he thinks he can do.

The whole point of having my set-up was so that he could do the complete port, and post before and after numbers.

As for "I read a thread about a guy who got an email"... I don't know what to tell you. Stiegemeier thinks he can get results good enough to offer a service worth paying for. Based on his track record, I believe him. I guess we will just have to wait a few more days and see.

If it makes anyody feel better. He has not told me what kind of gains he expects either.

You are saying Stiegemeier has no goals for this Inlet ?

This is all we have ---> $995.00 4-5 day turnaround :dw:

Cant wait for the numbers :read:

02reaper

Established Member
You are saying Stiegemeier has no goals for this Inlet ?

This is all we have ---> $995.00 4-5 day turnaround :dw:

Cant wait for the numbers :read:

Being that someone has already tested it and hasn't posted, I am assuming that Steigemeier is going to get it on his own dyno so he can do some tricks to get some results.

dynobobstieg

We did a Dyno run on Yellow2003 Cobra's Eaton(Stiegemeier ported), took it off, put the Whipple on did a Dyno run, now the Whipple is off, I am in the process of working on it (the Whipple). I will post but I am going to speak with Yellow2003 first.
Thanks and we will keep you updated or Yellow2003 will.
Stiegemeier
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

BLWN SN-95

Established Member
excellent! numbers shud be comming soon definately interest and looking forward to seeing the gains i love to have the same hp on a lower boost level

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
Actually there was a nice improvement.

I have most of the final numbers and am going to write in more detail in a new thread. But the 2 real; imrovements were a 25rwhp increase and an IAT decrease of 12-15 degrees.

I am waiting on Stiegeneier's notes and that will give me a better picture of the overall results. I will have pictures, graphs and detailed data as soon as I can get it together.

Please be patient while I write it up.

Users who are viewing this thread