Whipple Sc Install

YELLOWFLSNAKE

Established Member
:pepper: JUST INSTALLED MY WHIPPLE SC AND GOT THE FIRST TEST DRIVE IN. HOLY S@$T! HUGE DIFFRENCE! JUST WANTED TO LET THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE WEARY ABOUT THE WHIPPLE THAT IT IS WORTH THE $$ AND THE MONTH WAIT TO GET. :pepper:

YELLOWFLSNAKE

Established Member
(hope The Pics Will Work Not Quite Sure How To Post Them). I Bought It Through Rpm Outlet. Web Site Was Pretty Misleading. Said It Was In Stock And Had Next Day Shipping. Called Them To Tell Them They Were Full Of Crap And There Web Site Is Wrong. Told Me They New About The Site But Couldent Do Anything About It For Now. So After A Month Of Waiting I Ended Up With A Un-polished Sc With A Oval Tb Inlet.
I Ordered Polished And Stock Tb Inlet. They Said To Ship It Back And Wait For The Correct One To Be Delivered From Whipple. I Said Screw It I Will Use The One I Have.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
You will need to host the pics on another site, then use the img code around their hyperlink.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
You will be better off with the Oval port. It is much harder to get over 550 hp with the stock twin bore.

YELLOWFLSNAKE

Established Member
Ok I Can Install A Sc But I Cant Put Pics On The Message Board! That Sucks.
Yea I Kinda Figured That After Reading On This Site That It Was A Good Thing After All. I Have Not Had It Tuned Yet. Whipple Just Told Me To Install The Ngk Tr6 Plugs And Go From There. If I Have A Problem With Wide Open Throttle To Get It Tuned? Is This Info Correct?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Mine came with a 3.25 and a 3.0...But I requested them.

YELLOWFLSNAKE

Established Member
what would be involved if i wanted to go with the 3.25? my car is stock except for the sc an aftermarket intercooler, and accufab tb.

YELLOWFLSNAKE

Established Member
what kind of hp am i looking at now. and if i did the pully swap would it be noticable? and what hp increase would it be?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
With 13 PSI, Probably about 530 hp/510 tq. Maybe a tad more or less hp. Not really sure with the new Whipples. Probably about the same as a Ported blower with a 2.93 and 4# lower. The new whipples make more torque and hp than the older generation. But these numbers are purely specualtion for the 13# pulley you have.

-Jeff

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
With the swap you will be closer to 560-580 hp with a good tune an 15 PSI on the new whipples. They really start amplifying the power when you add more boost.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
This is also if you have the normal bolt on's...CAI, Catback, Midpipe, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread