Whipple SC.. headers and xpipe needed?

racinmasonc

Established Member
When adding a Whipple Supercharger are the headers and x-pipe a must or will it be fine with stock manifolds and just a cat-back exhaust???

sharke

Established Member
When adding a Whipple Supercharger are the headers and x-pipe a must or will it be fine with stock manifolds and just a cat-back exhaust???

I've seen a lot of posts where guys end up blowing out the stock cats because they just can't handle the heat from an upgraded SC.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I think you should do an off road X pipe at a minimum. As mentioned, the stock cats don't hold up to the higher airflow form the bigger superchargers.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Catalytic converters (namely cheap after market cats) don't hold up to bad tunes that aren't designed to protect them(and exhaust valves). Not really because of airflow.

You'll make more power with aftermarket O/R exhaust. But that has draw backs also.

Last edited:

RI GT500

Established Member
I just bought a car with FRPP shorties, those and an off road x and FRPP mufflers? Would that flow enough to support 700rwhp?

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Curious to see how long my cats will last with the TVS, haha. Still have my o/r x in the garage if ever needed. Took it off because the lethal design is flawed imo. The bellmouth joint dosen't seat properly. Will have to find the right donut gasket for it.

Last edited:

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Catalytic converters (namely cheap after market cats) don't hold up to bad tunes that aren't designed to protect them(and exhaust valves). Not really because of airflow.

You'll make more power with aftermarket O/R exhaust. But that has draw backs also.

Correct, but Ford changed the cats on the 2013 for good cause I am sure.

Not to mention that I am sure any tuner will turn off cat protection unless told not to.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I don't believe any tuner has a perfect record. FWIW.

Users who are viewing this thread