Whipple question

svt2003cobra

Banned
How is a Whipple upgrade safe up to 13psi without a tune, I saw that somewhere. But if you go the least bit smaller pulley on the eaton you have to have a tune?? Just curious.

Thanks

Fast Willy

Established Member
You always much safer with a tune. I would never put a pulley on these cars with out one. Its a must, especually with a whipple I would def get a tune check the air/fuel needs to be changed.

Hye

Established Member
as long as you leave the stock pulley on the whipple, get a custom tune for your car and you will be set. anything higher, then upgrade injectors, maf, bap, etc.....

you'll find that once u take that stock pulley off, the supporting mods hit like a damn freight train...;-)

ISUPonyBoy

Mr. Bright Side
Established Member
I would never run a blower on a different PSI without a tune. Just begging for your engine to blow in your face.

John

Juiced-03

Established Member
I wouldn't even use a pullied Eaton without a tune let alone a Whipple at 13 psi!!

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
im not a fond believer that there is such a thing as a no tune mod especially such a big change like swapping the blower. almost every mod ive tried did something to the a/f and usually it wasnt good. get a tune, its the best route, and can save you a lot of pain.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
svt2003cobra said:
I know you probably should but Ford Racing is advertising the whipple upgrade as a direct bolt on with no tune needed.

If that is true, since you're buying it from Ford, and since you aren't tuning it, is your warranty still good???

I had a service advisor give me crap one day about my catback. He wasn't denying me warranty, just saying that technically, he could deny warranty. I told him it had better be ok with that catback since it was a Ford FR500 that I bought from his parts department! End of problem!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
They can't give you crap about the catback.

Your warranty is voided if you use the Ford Racing Whipple conversion. FRPP carries no warranty on their parts, and the use of that system is not warranted by Ford. You *might* be able to pull it off when push came to shove if you only did their exact system and nothing else, but I doubt it.

SBlueSVT03

[url=http://img473.images
Established Member
Have it tuned.. I put a Whipple on with the 3.5 stock pulley and Mech checked the boost - 15 at 4000 rpm.. tune coming Monday. Be safe. dr

Users who are viewing this thread