Whipple Question

93VORTECH

Established Member
I just wanted a quick answer on some must needed parts when installing a new Whipple 2.3.....I just bought my car a couple months ago and it has the stock Eaton w/ 2.8 pulley. Car currently has 46,700 Miles on the Clock. It runs good enough for my needs, but I love how nice that Whipple looks! So I'm debating whether or not I should leap and buy the Whipple. I'm just wondering what are some quick basic parts I would need to Safely Run this Blower Set-Up? Thanks Guys for any input.

Most of my parts are still Stock.
* Stock Fuel Pump, Stock Injectors, Stock Fuel Rails etc.
* Stock Mass Air w/ JLT Cold Air Intake

Black93Fox

Established Member
If your just doing it for the looks of the whipple and are happy with your current power really not worth it. Your gonna have to upgrade a few things in order to support the 2.3. Looking at the cost of the whipple plus supporting mods and install if you dont plan to do it your self.

just my 2 cents

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with above. I couldn't imagine spending all that money, plus supporting mods for looks. Heck I think the whipple overall looks better than the tvs blower, but I wanted the removable plenum.

GodStang

Established Member
Stock rails are fine, 60s or 80s injectors. My 80s drove nicer than my 60s. BAP or upgraded pumps and a BA3600 MAF or what ever number now A-days. I love the twin screw life.

93VORTECH

Established Member
Thanks guys...And yea i agree with you that it's not worth all that money just for looks. Also, is the power improvement that much better with the 2.3L over the Eaton? Sorry for all the dumb questions, but I've had Foxbody cars for years and these Cobra's are all new to me as of a few months ago.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Thanks guys...And yea i agree with you that it's not worth all that money just for looks. Also, is the power improvement that much better with the 2.3L over the Eaton? Sorry for all the dumb questions, but I've had Foxbody cars for years and these Cobra's are all new to me as of a few months ago.

Ported Maxed out Eaton 500rwhp

2.3l on Gas 600rwhp, on e85 700rwhp so yes its that much better.

Users who are viewing this thread