Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Invest the extra money

Votes: 17 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
Ok i'm having a small problem figuring out what to do. I current have a freind selling his 03 Subaru STI with 20k miles on it for $21k. This is one car that i've always wanted. I would use the STI to replace my Integra as a daily driver. Or I could just keep my Integra which only has 51K miles and add a Whipple to the Cobra. I'm really torn since i've always wanted a Whipple powered Cobra and an STI.
If anyone can give in some input on how an STI does for a daily driver that would be great.
Thanks guys
BJ

Ilya

I got problems.
Established Member
I don't see the point of having 2 high power cars and one as a daily driver. Keep the Integra and mod the the Cobra, as I think you will be more focused on one car's mods rather than 2 cars' mods. Besides, the fact that you mentioned investing the money makes me think that you are in no financial shape to own 2 cars of this value which will, undoubtedly, eat up a lot of your free money. Excuse me if I'm mistaken, but that's my opinion.

machstang23

Established Member
I voted for get the STI, but my real answer is get the STI, and save for a little bit to buy the whipple, there ya go- Best of both worlds!

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
IlyaBesides said:
, the fact that you mentioned investing the money makes me think that you are in no financial shape to own 2 cars of this value which will, undoubtedly, eat up a lot of your free money. Excuse me if I'm mistaken, but that's my opinion.
Well the only real reason I would invest it is because i'm still only 21 and could potentially make a great profit off of it. I just wanted to know what most people would do with the extra money. I really appreciate your opinion .

blkstangman88

Established Member
i agree that having two "power house" car is a waste cuz u want to spend money on both when unintentenaly ur blocking both out. i have my 97 cobra and a 91 protege as my DD. my protege looks like a rust bucket and has no exhaust but has a new engine that i installed a lil over a year ago. this way with gas prices i can still mod my cobra and save gas.

Pro SNIVELER

Banned
NewKid said:

+1, no need for two 93 octane only cars. plus you've got the mod bug, like someone else already stated. youll never get a whipple, it'll turn into... well just a turbo upgrade and then its all over from there. the sti's are great cars, i'm not hating on them at all. keep in mind though, theyre only great.....if you dont have a terminator in the garage.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
don't get the STI, it isn't as good on gas as an Integra, costs more to insure and will want to be modded. Since you already have your fix for speed, keep modding the Cobra. I don't really see a point in having 2 quick cars, if anything maybe one cruiser that's practical like an ES330 Lexus and one fun one like a Cobra.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I would get the STi. Then you will have a go fast summer, and a go fast winter car. You can buy the whipple later, but who knows when another STi that you have good knowledge of will come by.

-Jeff

turbo94gt

Established Member
276SONIC03 said:
+1, no need for two 93 octane only cars. plus you've got the mod bug, like someone else already stated. youll never get a whipple, it'll turn into... well just a turbo upgrade and then its all over from there. the sti's are great cars, i'm not hating on them at all. keep in mind though, theyre only great.....if you dont have a terminator in the garage.
This is true. Instead of one money pit you will have two ;-) but if you have the money get the sti and the whipple.

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
turbo94gt said:
Instead of one money pit you will have two ;-) but if you have the money get the sti and the whipple.
Yeah I don't have money to do both. I probably wouldn't have to much extra money to mod either car for a few months.

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
F8LBITEva said:
:pepper: you'd look cuter in the STI! :banana:
Thanks man. I sure hope your not gay. :shrug:
So is that a vote to get the STI? The only reason I haven't got a whipple already is that my Dad complains about me tearing into a perfectly good car. I just understand since I pay for everything that deals with the car. But for some reason he's ok with me getting rid of the Integra for an STI. But I still have another week before my freind is going to trade in his STI for some stupid ass 350Z.

Users who are viewing this thread