Whipple or Kenne Bell??????????

Which supercharger is truely the best one to buy?

• Total voters

Svt03Cobra

Wanna Race?
Established Member
I know this topic has been up before but I need some opinions on which supercharger is truely the best. I'm about to buy one of them and need some idea's.

Thanks, SVT03Cobra

Sho Off

Member of the 600 Club
Established Member
Venomos said:
Can everyone state their reasons why too? I am also curious on this as well!
I have a Whipple, I was looking for either the KB or the Whipple, I got a good price on my blower, that was I got this one.

I do miss the KB scream, but the numbers I got from the Whipple, I am very very pleased.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Both are excellent blowers. Both have had their share of "issues". They both make the same power basically. Better in this case is a matter of opinion.

Hye

Established Member
flip a coin, or purchase the one you can get the best deal on at the time

Fast04SVT

KB or WHIPPLE

My opinion is that the KB is a screamer and the whipple is a quiet. So if u want the scream go for the KB if u want the WHipple if u want it to be more of a sleeper. I love the scream :-D

Svt03Cobra

Wanna Race?
Established Member
!

2003CobraKB said:
My opinion is that the KB is a screamer and the whipple is a quiet. So if u want the scream go for the KB if u want the WHipple if u want it to be more of a sleeper. I love the scream :-D

Yeah, I love the scream too! I'm leaning toward the KB but I've heard that the KB's get really hot! Does the whipple get really hot too???? :shrug:

Z O SICK

Established Member
I love the scream of the KB. I got the KB because the guys i knew had KB's and they were sick fast. I remember running my buddy's KB @ 17 or 19 psi with my ported Eaton/2.8 and his car pulled pretty good on me. I wanna race him now that we both have KB's.

Machinator

Banned
Never mind what I said, I now know you are wasting your money if you buy either one, steig stage 3 is the most bang for the buck!

Last edited:

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Read this thread on oil issues yet again with KB (2.4L this time).

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24797

I am at a similar point as you. I want the KB 2.4L because it has better clearence should you want to use a spacer for fuel rails and lower IAT2 temps. It would also be better if you really want to turn up the boost at some time. I'm just having heartburn over their inconsistent ability to hold the oil. Don't want to be one of those who didn't get lucky. They claim to have a better case and better bearings. etc. but what good does it do if it won't hold its oil?

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
KB! if your looking for nice power and one heck of a whine, KB

if your looking for just power, Whipple, Whipple tends to be a quiet SC

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
I am torn between the two as well. I want the SCREAM bad so i was leaning towards KB, but then these oil issues are concerning me. But then again ive heard lately of a few whipples that have had problems holding the pulleys on! But then again i heard this was issues with both companies. I dont know which!!!???

As long as this oil issue gets taken care of ill probably go with a KB. . . One thing though i hear the whipple makes slightly more torque, is this because of the bigger displacement??? Is this true?

bigz77

Established Member
Quick question would your rather take the whipple over the 2.4KB?ALso,Does anyone have a video clip or sound clip of the whipple and the KB? I am deciding between the two. Like everyone has said, they both make the same power. But i really want that loud whine. What does the whipple sound like? :beer:

Last edited:

Fast Willy

Established Member
Whipple for sure! I just saw the other day a guy with a KB tq'ed a bolt to tight on the supercharger and actually cracked the casing on it. The whipple is just a better all around blower if you ask me and people are starting to make the numbers to prove it.

Z-06_Killa

slow and untuned!!!
Established Member
KB= AutoRotor
Whipple= Lysholm

AutoRotor needs to rethink something in their design... Coastal Dyno(where my car gets tuned) has had atleast 6-8 2.2L KB's lock up for no aparent reason, a couple of those took the enigne with them, Coastal also had a 2.4L come in and start making noise, they sent it back and the guy had to buy a new one from KB (thats ****in bullshit!) so the new one comse in and is making noise before it went on the car, called KB they said put it on the car itll be fine....put it on the car and it really started making noise...took it off and finally got a good blower from KB.

Several Whipple have already been installed by Coastal and the power output is definatley there. If i had to compare the Whipple scream to anything i would compar it to the stock eaton with stock intake and pulley its there but not all that loud...

in short GO WHIPPLE!

Users who are viewing this thread