WHIPPLE Numbers

Redfirecobra04

Established Member
Guys,

I am in the process of tuning my new WHIPPLE. The tuner says, that it will not be possible to get to 600RWHP unless I put in an aftermarket mid-pipe (x-pipe). As of know the car has got Whipple 140 with 3" pulley, 60lbs injectors, Spark plugs, KB Boost-a-pump, SCT MAF + SCT 3 calibrator, 100mm T/B (single blade) and finally BORLA cat-back.
What ya all think?:shrug:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I don't know buy I'm gonna watch for the other replies. I'm learning about this Whipple thing. Although I would imagine if you don't hit it you're going to be very close.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
It's not impossible, as it sounds like he's saying. But, the stock mid pipe is definitely a restriction with your set up. I'd take a guess and estimate no more than about 575RWHP also with the 3'' pulley thru the stock mid pipe.

IMHO, you'd definitely benefit from a mid pipe.

Last edited:

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
Guys,

I am in the process of tuning my new WHIPPLE. The tuner says, that it will not be possible to get to 600RWHP unless I put in an aftermarket mid-pipe (x-pipe). As of know the car has got Whipple 140 with 3" pulley, 60lbs injectors, Spark plugs, KB Boost-a-pump, SCT MAF + SCT 3 calibrator, 100mm T/B (single blade) and finally BORLA cat-back.

I didn't see a cai on that list... that should be on the list of things to have especially since you have a whipple on there. I would say with that and what you already have, it will depend on if you are running on 91 or 93 octane. With 91, I would say 570-590rwhp. With 93, it could be from 580-600rwhp. Thats just a rough guess, as it depends on how good your tune is for the car.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
^ and I also agree with goldeneagle_10. There are other variables that will come into affect, such as octane rating, weather, and how well your tuner tunes the car.

However, If you don't have a mid pipe, or an intake, those are two "fundamental" mods that are going to hurt your numbers if you don't have them.

On a side note, I'm sure the car will still pull like hell with the Whipple and 3'' pulley on. But without either of the two mods listed above, there is still plenty more power to be gained.

Last edited:

WOMACK03

Whipple Powered
Established Member
I think your tunner is giving you a good estimate on hp output with your current setup.
Ditching those cats will help some, but running more boost will help more. A 2-4lb. lower is just what the Dr. ordered.
If you want more info, PM me.

Happy Thanksgiving

spxxdy86

RUN UR CAR NOT UR MOUTH
Established Member
Guys,

buddie of mine got 620 rwhp with 18 degress of timing, but the only thing he's got on you is bassani headers/x-pipe/fuel pumps/4lb lower

Last edited:

04cobra13

Established Member
yah mid pipe will be good for 10-15...might as well get one....let here breathe freely man...especially with the whipple!!

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Guys,

Your tuner's advice is not bad. I have 600 RWHP with stock exhaust on whipple, but that was 21 psi, and may not be what you have in mind. Doing the exhaust right lets you run less boost and get the same or more HP.

Users who are viewing this thread