Whipple numbers , questions inside

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
I finally got the car on the dyno today and I was very happy with the numbers, mods are in my sig and I am running 13lbs of boost. The car had plenty of fuel, in fact to much fuel and it is still a little rich like mid 11's up to 6500 and it put down 541 rwhp and 479 rwtq. Is it being a little rich going to really hurt anything? as far as I know it wont. Any opinions on how much timing is safe on 91 octane? Any comments or input are appreciated.

TEABG

Banned
LT1KILLER said:
I finally got the car on the dyno today and I was very happy with the numbers, mods are in my sig and I am running 13lbs of boost. The car had plenty of fuel, in fact to much fuel and it is still a little rich like mid 11's up to 6500 and it put down 541 rwhp and 479 rwtq. Is it being a little rich going to really hurt anything? as far as I know it wont. Any opinions on how much timing is safe on 91 octane? Any comments or input are appreciated.

Just checked my PM'S you were not the person. SORRY !

Last edited:

TEABG

Banned
LT1KILLER said:

18 deg and if you want to max out 19 deg.

Last edited:

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
Yeah when we started my AF was like in the lower 10's, so we just pulled fuel with the predator. I have to actually go back and look at the logfiles but he told me my timing was at about 21 degrees and said it was fine there, I don't have any detonation and I am running tr6's at .032. I am going to get all the info to rick and let him fine tune and see what he thinks about the timing, I will prob have him lower it some in the tune. I will post the chart tomorrow I am at work right now.

Last edited:

TEABG

Banned
LT1KILLER said:
Yeah when we started my AF was like in the lower 10's, so we just added fuel with the predator. I have to actually go back and look at the logfiles but he told me my timing was at about 21 degrees and said it was fine there, I don't have any detonation and I am running tr6's at .032. I am going to get all the info to rick and let him fine tune and see what he thinks about the timing, I will prob have him lower it some in the tune. I will post the chart tomorrow I am at work right now.

Rick will be doing my new tune very soon, If rick says 21 deg then he factored in enough fuel. You have upgraded fuel pumps and 60 pound injectors so I would not see why you could not run 21.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
LT1KILLER said:
Yeah when we started my AF was like in the lower 10's, so we just added fuel with the predator. QUOTE]

10's is rich. Do you mean that you took fuel away? Adding fuel is not what you would want to do.

TEABG

Banned
LeoGSVT said:
nice numbers your making the same power as me with a Kenne Bell at 17lbs...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sb03cobra

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
LT1KILLER said:
Yeah when we started my AF was like in the lower 10's, so we just added fuel with the predator. QUOTE]

10's is rich. Do you mean that you took fuel away? Adding fuel is not what you would want to do.

He said it right, well the right way that the predator works. From the manual..

NOTE: The negative and positive scales displayed in the predator reflects values added to a fuel table, not actual fuel being removed or added, that ís why the - (negative) value adds fuel as it make the values smaller, and smaller values equal more fuel in a fuel tuning table.

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
sorry, yeah I mean we leaned it out a little with the predator but it is still a little to rich and I know I have the gap on the plugs closed up to much and it is costing me some power. I am going to get the tune straightened out and new numbers are coming 550's? I hope so.

Users who are viewing this thread