Whipple Installation complete. Amazing!

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
92 hp for an intake???? That is nuts.

But the baseline numbers don't make much sense with that much boost. Even at 13psi, it should be in the 500+ it seems. I could be wrong.

I have too much power for the car as it is. I need a new clutch and a dyno run before I do anything more.

I was thinking the same thing! He said at the 16 psi, and put down 484? I put down 497 at 10 psi..... Dosen't make any sense to me, but whatever! Don't want to make this into I war.... But 576 is great numbers! :beer:

Adam did the base tune for my car.... :bored:

ILLBITE

1 Bad GT
Established Member
Is this all on the stock block and internals? I am very impressed with these numbers by the whipple SC on the 05-09's WOW!!

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Is this all on the stock block and internals? I am very impressed with these numbers by the whipple SC on the 05-09's WOW!!

If it is stock block and stock internals an internals failure will soon follow that we will hear about...the internals are only really able to handle upto 450 HP safely before failures start becoming common place. The S-197's stock internals are not the same robust material quality or stoutness as the 03 Terminator's or the Shelby GT500's.

Last edited:

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Not true...I have so many runs on my car now down the track and I have no problems at all. Just look at my times and my website. Its all in the tune and the fuel supply the a/f ratio and fuel type used when pushing it.

And I am not the only one. There are quite a few out there ripping some awesome power and times with over 500 rwhp and no probs. Shoot..DynoJoe? in Texas I think? He ripped a 10.30 pass with the stock motor still and has beat the livin daylights out of that car. Yes..JDM tune

So the internals may not be the same as the Cobra's..but they are pretty good

Last edited:

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
If it is stock block and stock internals an internals failure will soon follow that we will hear about...the internals are only really able to handle upto 450 HP safely before failures start becoming common place. The S-197's stock internals are not the same robust material quality or stoutness as the 03 Terminator's or the Shelby GT500's.

Lol I guess a Cobra guy would say that wouldn't they? There are a few JDM cars that are making 500rwhp or even more for months even years with no problem. I would certainly say to an extent, it's all in the tune.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread