Whipple install ?

Dirk

Established Member
I’m about to install my new whipple and try to find the best way to do it.
I know there are lots of threads about it and even a video.
But would it work just to remove the front engine pulley and engine coolant pipes to reach the screws of the blower water intake for removal.
That way you don’t have to touch the lower intake.

bigmoose

Established Member
that probably won't work. you need to unbolt the lower intake so you can tilt it up to remove the connection to the intercooler. this needs to be removed in order to take the blower and intercooler out of the lower intake.

if you remove the crossover tube then yes you can probably get away with it. however it would be much easier to remove the lower intake than burp the coolant system. if you remove the lower you won't need to touch the coolant system. i've dealt with both so take my word for it.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It will work. That is how I did my first blower swap. It is a little tricky, and you have to get the right angle for removal, but it can be done.

-Jeff

Dirk

Established Member
OK, thanks that helps.

Would it be better to assemble the whipple and injectors to the lower intake outside the car to put it back in in one piece?

Or just leave the lower intake where it is, put the whipple on it and try to install the injectors with lifting up the blower a little.
That’s what I would prefer.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The biggest task is just lifting it in and out. Just make sure you have either an engine hoist or about 2-3 other guys with you. You can do it either way. It is easier to assemble everything out of the car.

-Jeff

Travizzle

Working Class Hero
Established Member
An engine hoist is the way to go. Pull the whole unit out and work on it outside the car. You can take off your hood for lots of clearance.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
OK, thanks that helps.

Would it be better to assemble the whipple and injectors to the lower intake outside the car to put it back in in one piece?

That's what I did. I was also installing the Fore fuel rails so I wanted to get everything assembled and then install the supercharger, fuel rails, injectors, and upper intake as one assembly.

It was a little tricky maneuvering it around, but it all worked out fine in the end... :beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Mine is going back in within the next couple of days and it'll be lower intake, blower, and the IC bolted to it all at once. Sucker is heavy though.

Users who are viewing this thread