Whipple install question.

gtmustang00

Established Member
On the intercooler to blower bolts. Whipple says to use loctite. When I did the ported blower years ago I don't remember using red loctite or anything. Will I be able to break the red loctite in the future? I had a Dragon throttle before and had to get a iac valve that was rotated. Will I be able to use it or do I have to buy a new one? Also, any tips or tricks to putting the blower back in the car?

cj428mach

Established Member
I would use blue loctite as the red will make you very angry in the future.

Only advice is make sure the injectors and rails are installed before the blower goes on if not you'll be in trouble.

Blueline

Established Member
Also you should be able to rotate the iac back to the stock position. Look up dragons instructions and just go back the same direction.

gtmustang00

Established Member
Just ran into a little problem. The stock intercooler bolts bottom out in the Whipple blower being to long. Also, there are only 9 holes instead of the stock 10 holes. Anybody else run into this?

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I just had a similar issue. Call up whipple and get their installation kit. Its like 30 bucks, you should get all the bolts you need. Mine arrives tomorrow so I will post up pics of everything

gtmustang00

Established Member
I just had a similar issue. Call up whipple and get their installation kit. Its like 30 bucks, you should get all the bolts you need. Mine arrives tomorrow so I will post up pics of everything

There is a bolt bag, but those bolts are not in there nor do the instructions mention it.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
There is a bolt bag, but those bolts are not in there nor do the instructions mention it.

I remember the instructions being vague or lacking when I was installing mine, and I'm pretty sure mine came with bolts in a separate bag, and you only use the 9 bolts going back compared to the stock 10. I've definitely slept since then.

gtmustang00

Established Member
Everything is installed other than the new belt. I have 2 extra vacuum lines that went to the factory bypass valve. What do I do with these? Whipple directions suck and don't say anything. Can't wait to get it going.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread