Whipple install issue

blacknbluecobra

Sprayed and Dismayed
Established Member
I'm having problems getting the back fuel rail bolt in under the inlet on the passenger side. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and how they remedied it?

cobra9903

Born11/22/02 No.3935/8394
Established Member
I remember that was a pain, Just no room! I cant quite remember what I used but did you try a quarter inch ratchet , I think I got it by sliding it form the front I do have aftermarket fuel rails though. Did you keep your egr, if so did you have any problems getting it on the back of the blower?

lilmarauder

Established Member
If it's aftermarket equipment, sometimes the entire fuel rail,blower, lower intake need to be installed as one big unit before it goes on the motor

blacknbluecobra

Sprayed and Dismayed
Established Member
I thought about that. Surely not though just curious as to what other whipple owners have done this is literally the only thing holding me up.

cobra9903

Established Member
I know you can get it I had to take mine back out to make a little room to put on a fitting on the back of the rail, I would hate to have to pull the blower again, but do what you have to do, What rails do you have?

cobra9903

Established Member
No I am not on E85 , I have to drive 20min just to get it. I have a Fore level 4 return I love the system and Fore was great to deal with, had a fitting problem couldn't get it to stop leaking they sent me a new one no questions asked, Great company. Anyway I already upgraded all my lines for e85 as I would like to do that in the future but if I had to do it all over again I think I would have just got the 465 pumps and been done with it. That way all I have to do is buy injectors in the future. I have the 342's and I put down 599HP on 18 Psi. Have plenty of room for more fuel but just don't want to push over 18 PSI on 93 pump fuel. Some guys put down more HP on 18psi but It took me a 2.8 pulley to get that :shrug: Every car is different as well as every tuner! So if you think you may go e85 in the near future just build for it now!

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
This is the only method I know of......

Yep, it all has to go together as one unit. Since your mentioning e85 now is the time to pull the blower assembly back off and make sure you have big enough injectors to accomplish your goals. If not you'll be pulling the blower in the future for your injector swap.....one of the main reasons I want a tvs is the removable inlet elbow. I had to pull my blower back in July just to add fuel rails and injectors if I would have had a tvs the blower could have stayed put.

blacknbluecobra

Sprayed and Dismayed
Established Member
I've got a 91 tune for a stock lower and a wideband. I'll keep an eye on it. If anything is a miss I'll park for winter. Then I'll put my 4lb lower on and e85.

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
Yeah, that inlet is a pain, but it's possible to get that bolt in, with the smallest 10mm wrench you can find.
I generally pull the whole lower out, blower and all attached. Really nice doing it all on a bench, then setting it in as one unit.

landonvan

Established Member
You don't even need to put it in. The whipple will hold it in. There's no room for it to come out. Mines been like that for 10k miles. No issues. Same setup as you.

Users who are viewing this thread