Whipple Gen5 swap

65wildstang

Established Member
Made some progress last couple of days. We were able to remove the Eaton and was able to get the Gen 5 assembled with the vmp intercooler and everything torqued. Still havent made up my mind if I want to plug the lower intake or reinstall the vacuum fitting & lines? Trying to make some progress. Lol
20220421_181226.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

65wildstang

Established Member
U got the the 2 orings installed? Just making sure

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
I hope so. The brown one installed in plate. Then the long black one stretched around milled area to seal plate to upper supercharger. 2 small ones I was told for fuel rail? Am I missing any? Thanks
20220421_140743.jpeg

MG0h3

Established Member
This is great. I’ve got the exact same setup including the VMP IC and adapter sitting in my spare bedroom.

Great job on the stands.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SGT MERC

Established Member
I'm honestly not trying to sound stupid or incompetent, but I'm not following why plugging the lower intake will prevent using breathers on the valve covers... What port needs plugged on the lower intake? Am I having a brain fart?
That's probably the route I go. Really dont want to run breathers on covers. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

olympic

Established Member
I'm honestly not trying to sound stupid or incompetent, but I'm not following why plugging the lower intake will prevent using breathers on the valve covers... What port needs plugged on the lower intake? Am I having a brain fart?

This one. It's part of the factory PCV system.

20190510_202502.jpg

rymax101

Established Member
Ok so what’s the best fix? I have a check valve on my PCV hose.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Ur gonna want to plug it... Not fully sure of ur setup. Ifthere is a check valve on that line, you are leaking air out under boost or leaking air on under vacuum. Since that line see both boost and vacuum.

01yellercobra

Established Member

I think what the post says is backwards. Plugging the lower intake won't stop you from running breathers. But if you don't plug it you'll have to run the PCV system. Maybe he's thinking if he doesn't plug it now he won't have the choice to run breathers later on.

MG0h3

Established Member
Ur gonna want to plug it... Not fully sure of ur setup. Ifthere is a check valve on that line, you are leaking air out under boost or leaking air on under vacuum. Since that line see both boost and vacuum.

Check valve is right before the PCV valve. Same one I’d run on my turbo cars.

Car came like that from AED.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

65wildstang

Established Member
I think what the post says is backwards. Plugging the lower intake won't stop you from running breathers. But if you don't plug it you'll have to run the PCV system. Maybe he's thinking if he doesn't plug it now he won't have the choice to run breathers later on.
I may have worded it incorrectly? By plugging it and doing away with Pcv you would run breathers or vent to a catch can. I like the look of the breathers, but I dont want any oil residue around them. My plans are to plug the lower and vent to a accumulator. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread