Whipple eliptical insight

devilish64

Established Member
For those that are running the whipple elliptical mono blade throttle body or have knowledge of what is needed to make it function properly..... I know it is not easy to tune for drivability but is there any other things necessary like adjusting tps voltage and such? Only aftermarket throttle body I have had is a twin 65 so I have never done anything but just bolt a new one on. Any insight on how to set it up for best possible results would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!!

2010 Red&white

Established Member
For those that are running the whipple elliptical mono blade throttle body or have knowledge of what is needed to make it function properly..... I know it is not easy to tune for drivability but is there any other things necessary like adjusting tps voltage and such? Only aftermarket throttle body I have had is a twin 65 so I have never done anything but just bolt a new one on. Any insight on how to set it up for best possible results would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!!
.....................I have the whipple elliptical and it was a little touchy on the first tune. I would recommend a dyno tune by a good tuner to make it work properly. It can have some driveability issues that need an expert's touch.

devilish64

Established Member
Did you have to check and retest the the tps voltage? adjust the throttle stop at all to get the idle closer to stock? thanks

devilish64

Established Member
Did you have to check and retest the the tps voltage? adjust the throttle stop at all to get the idle closer to stock? thanks
just checked my tps voltage and it's reading 1.20v which is from what I was reading.... on the low side of the adjustment range(1.19v-1.31v).... I'm not sure how to adjust it. my idle seems a tad high(850rpm) but it's certainly liveable. Car seems to take a little extra time for the rims to fall to idle after pushing the clutch in. not sure if this is normal for a monoblade like this or some things still need to be adjusted

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
mono blades are more sensitive due to higher airflow.

the RPM drop is a tune setting called dash pot, it can be adjusted, however, if it's too short the car can stall.

mine will take a second or so to drop

Users who are viewing this thread