Whipple E85 Wet Shot

90coupe5oh

Established Member
Hey guy's I'm currently running a 2.3 Whipple on a 04 Cobra motor. The car has a 4# lower on it and a 3.5" upper. I'm looking to go to a 3.0 upper or possibly 2.75 upper. How many pounds of boost do you think that will produce, it will be on a stock motor? It's a GEN I Whipple. I will also be having the car tuned on E85 and adding a 100 wet shot. Do you think a stock motor can handle that?

Thanks

Teej281

Established Member
E85 with over 20psi of boost with a good tune should put you up over 700rwhp, and add another 100rwhp(give or take) to that and you'll be around 800rwhp. I wouldnt say that it wouldnt hold it, but I hope you have the fuel system to support all that power on E85. But I'm going to say start putting together a replacement shortblock...just incase :D

90coupe5oh

Established Member
Thank's for your reply. The next thing I was going to ask about was the fuel system. I've got 85lb injectors right now, what should I do with the rest of the fuel system?

Teej281

Established Member
85lb injectors will work just fine id say. Just make sure you're running a wet shot. Fuel system...I'd switch to a return system with triple Aeromotive stealth340 pumps. That will be able to support the fuel requirements needed.

Users who are viewing this thread