Whipple Cobra Track Time

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
Well guys, finally got the time I've been going for. . .went to the track on Sunday for the kyhorsepower.com shootout . . . car was cold(set for 2 hours), temp was rising at the track, but was only 70ish at the time of my first run. . .

Had to make it count, it got up to 80ish within a few hours. . .

On my first pass

60ft . . . 1.59
330ft . . 4.46
1/8th . . 6.89 @ 99
1/4 . . . 10.667 @ 130.835 :pepper:

All the drivetrain parts are finally paying off. . .decent 60ft, but its still got some more in it . . . DA was horrible that day, plus I'm running meth and haven't tuned for it yet. . .

so, better DA and temperature along with a tune for my methanol, i should be able to get a 10.40 or so. . .

Let me know what you think guys. . . :rockon: :banana:

Last edited:

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
what tires?

28x10x15 Hoosier Drags

Full slick. . .

here's a pick of the car that day . . .

DSC_0113copy.jpg

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
+1

Good time/trap speed! What did the other runs throughout the day look like? Congrats!

I've got a two step on the car, and the second pass i attempted, when I went up on the two step, i pushed through the lights(kept the drivetrain loaded with the clutch so i don't smack it too hard). . . and took off as i red lighted. . . went 11.1

last pass i tried the other lane and spun worse than a street tire. . .

by this time, car was super hot, 3rd pass was practically a hotlap since i pushed through the lights on the second pass. . . i decided to come back on better weather to try and better it. . . track season just started. . . :banana:

lol

Last edited:

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
any weight reductions?

anthony

SRA is a weight reduction imo. . . lol

i had to take the passenger seat out to bring the slicks in the car with me to the track . . . since its a street car and all. . . i drove it 45 miles there and 45 miles back home . . . street car style :rockon:

besides those, no spare, and took the bottom of the backseat out(2 clips)

lol

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
SRA is a weight reduction imo. . . lol

i had to take the passenger seat out to bring the slicks in the car with me to the track . . . since its a street car and all. . . i drove it 45 miles there and 45 miles back home . . . street car style :rockon:

besides those, no spare, and took the bottom of the backseat out(2 clips)

lol

nice:beer::thumbsup:

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
I've got a two step on the car, and the second pass i attempted, when I went up on the two step, i pushed through the lights(kept the drivetrain loaded with the clutch so i don't smack it too hard). . . and took off as i red lighted. . . went 11.1

last pass i tried the other lane and spun worse than a street tire. . .

by this time, car was super hot, 3rd pass was practically a hotlap since i pushed through the lights on the second pass. . . i decided to come back on better weather to try and better it. . . track season just started. . . :banana:

lol

Congrats man! Again, sweet times and mph! I'm sure you have some low 10s in there as the season goes on and you get it tuned for the meth. :beer:

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
Congrats man! Again, sweet times and mph! I'm sure you have some low 10s in there as the season goes on and you get it tuned for the meth. :beer:

Thanks dude

still need a lineloc, some skinnies up front, tune for the meth, and maybe a little more aggression on my part at the line :beer:

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Nice times and MPH. What kind of boost are you pushing? I have a TR 04 Cobra with a whipple just like your car. I'm under 600 though and running stock IRS.

I wish I only had 45 miles each way to the track. Mine is like 65-70 each way.

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
SRA with 3.73 gears(left some room for improvement trap wise)

running around 19lbs on the whipple, its a gen II with the 3.000 upper

It made 614 rwhp last time i had the tune checked out. . .

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
614 IS GREAT. That car must pull like a mule.

It feels awesome on the street . . .

of course. . . when it gets hot. . . it really slows down. . . I kinda wish I would have just went a 35 shot of nitrous that way the car thinks its cold all the time. . .

Users who are viewing this thread