Whipple Cobra Question

Laxpaint5

Established Member
A fellow cobra owner and myself are looking into going with a whipple kit. If we were looking to push between 16 and 18 psi max how much will the entire kit cost installed. I am just looking into a ball park figure. If I do it I want to do it all at once and right the first time. I am either doing this or getting a crotch rocket with the money.

Thanks in Advance

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Most places would charge you around ~500 just to do the compressor installation/intake/injectors.

Of course, other supporting mods are necessary, and time varies by the tech's capabillity.

CobraMystic

Established Member
$500 sounds about right for a Whipple install although you could probably install the s/c, injecters & MAFia yourself. I'd go with a pro for the fuel pumps though. You'll need a dyno tune too ($150-$200).

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
A decent guess:

The kit about $3200
The install about $500
Bigger injectors about $500
BAP about $300
Dyno tuning about $250
Other little stuff another $250

Total: about $5000

This is what I realisticly think you need to expect to spend to run that level of boost.

Of course, with that level of power, you are going to have to start thinking about upgrading cooling and power train components. i.e. stronger clutch, 26 spline input shaft, 31 spline output shaft & yoke, IRS brace, level 5 halfshafts, bigger intercooler resevoir, bigger radiator, bigger heat exchanger, LDC cooling mod.

Believe me, the sky is the limit when it comes to mods. But if your choice is this or a crotch rocket.... do this. Its a lot safer.

03DSGCOBRA

esqeddy said:
A decent guess:

The kit about $3200
The install about $500
Bigger injectors about $500
BAP about $300
Dyno tuning about $250
Other little stuff another $250

Total: about $5000

This is what I realisticly think you need to expect to spend to run that level of boost.

Of course, with that level of power, you are going to have to start thinking about upgrading cooling and power train components. i.e. stronger clutch, 26 spline input shaft, 31 spline output shaft & yoke, IRS brace, level 5 halfshafts, bigger intercooler resevoir, bigger radiator, bigger heat exchanger, LDC cooling mod.

Believe me, the sky is the limit when it comes to mods. But if your choice is this or a crotch rocket.... do this. Its a lot safer.

Sounds about right. Not to hijack the thread, but esqeddy, good luck on trying to break the land speed record. (270mph right?)

Hye

Established Member
crotch rocket or whipple

that's a toughie, i would have to say crotch rocket first, but then again i'm a little biased because both entertain me. bike doesnt eat gas like a whippled gas eating guzzler :D

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
here's a list similar to above with some extras that you really need to do it right...

Whipple 3200
install whipple 500 (assuming you don't do it yourself)
MAF 250
sct x cal 400 (assuming they put tunes on it for you)
60lb injectors 500
jlt intake 200
heat exchanger 300
lfp tank 200
boost-a-pump 300

Almost $6,000.00 total.....and you're gonna need about another $1000.00 for a new clutch and components when the 600 HP eats it up!

Last edited:

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
There is $5000.00 in this pic (minus the dog, add $2000.00) that includes 6 months of custom tunes from RWTD
I still need
Accufab TB
LFP tank
LFP heat exchanger
26 spline input shaft

You can get things a little cheaper buy shopping around (RWTD).
Clutch came from LETHAL Performance

230273_61_full.jpg

230273_62_full.jpg

Gotchy

Established Member
Sonic03inSC said:
There is $5000.00 in this pic (minus the dog, add $2000.00) that includes 6 months of custom tunes from RWTD
I still need
Accufab TB
LFP tank
LFP heat exchanger
26 spline input shaft

230273_61_full.jpg

230273_62_full.jpg

wish i could have all the items on pics :) include the cute dog :bowdown:

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Sonic03inSC said:
I still need
Accufab TB
LFP tank
LFP heat exchanger
26 spline input shaft

230273_61_full.jpg

230273_62_full.jpg

I know that ain't a CFDF clutch right? If it is I would quickly get rid of it and go with either the LM series or the DFX. Myself, along with others, have had major problems with the CFDF. It was smoked after 500 mile easy break in and another 500 miles of moderate use including some track time. I could not adjust it properly, I was missing shifts which I almost never do. It was also slipping a bit. I would never buy another CFDF again...EVER. I have the DFX now and the only thing I don't like is the chatter so far, but supposedly that goes away. Other then that it holds the power.

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
WhippleCharged Sonic said:
I know that ain't a CFDF clutch right? If it is I would quickly get rid of it and go with either the LM series or the DFX. Myself, along with others, have had major problems with the CFDF. It was smoked after 500 mile easy break in and another 500 miles of moderate use including some track time. I could not adjust it properly, I was missing shifts which I almost never do. It was also slipping a bit. I would never buy another CFDF again...EVER. I have the DFX now and the only thing I don't like is the chatter so far, but supposedly that goes away. Other then that it holds the power.
That is an LM disk With a DF II pressure plate. Would that be OK :shrug:

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
0DSGCOBRA3 said:
Sounds about right. Not to hijack the thread, but esqeddy, good luck on trying to break the land speed record. (270mph right?)

270 mph?!?!?!

NO!!! Fortunately, the record in the C/PS class is 203 mph. First, I want the record in my pocket. Second, then I want to stretch it out into the 2 teens.

Thanks for the encouragement.

03DSGCOBRA

esqeddy said:
270 mph?!?!?!

NO!!! Fortunately, the record in the C/PS class is 203 mph. First, I want the record in my pocket. Second, then I want to stretch it out into the 2 teens.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Just being a little sarcastic. Do you still have you N2O set up? PM with the details.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Sonic03inSC said:
That is an LM disk With a DF II pressure plate. Would that be OK :shrug:

I have read that those are in between the CFDF and the DFX. I would think it is just fine. Like I said...I and many others have had issues with the CFDF. You should be good to go.. :rockon: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread