Whipple Cobra-03 Torch Red 10th Anniv. Gauging Interest 600 Rwhp!

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
Testing the waters here. Have been considering buying/building one of my dream cars....66 fastback. (Had a 66 as my first car and I'm still kicking myself for getting rid of it.)

Would like some input on a fair price if I throw it to ebay. Or, possibly take some offers if they are reasonable.

Details:

Bought it from a 1 owner in Oklahoma with 17,000 babied miles on it. Only exterior blemish is a few small scratches on the rear bumper that have been touched up with Ford touch up paint. Barely noticeable. He kept it basically stock with the only mods being cat-back exhaust and an air intake. No chip, no pulley and nothing ever wrong with the car. NO TICK, NO STALL, NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!

I bought it, drove it for a while as a Sunday driver only, never been out in the rain or snow! Then decided to put a Whipple on....man I love the power! Dyno tuned at MD with SCT and turned 599 RWHP on a conservative tune. Hand held SCT that will go with the car also has a "race tune" on it that has never been used, but will surely bump up the power.

Current mileage on the car is 20,341 (If I recall correclty, I put the whipple on at about 19,500...so less than 1,000 miles since Whippled.)

10th anniv. bright red / torch red with black/red leather seats

Mods:
Whipple (new version) with 3.0 pulley 3300 with extra pulley
Billetflow Idlers 255
sct 2400 maf 230
JLT intake 170
Accufab Throttle Body 450
60lb injectors with harnesses 500
Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump 250
Bassani cat back exhaust 700
UPR offroad / catless X-pipe (sounds mean!) 185
MGW orange handle shifter 180
Fatknob shifter handle (stock carbon fiber handle too) 20
Lowering springs 200
LFP coolant tank 190
LFP heat exchanger 300
Oil catch can 20
Deep dish Cobra R anthracite wheels 17x9 front and 17x10.5 rear
Goodyear GSD 3 tires 245-45 front and 315-35 rear (Super wide!) and all 4 have never been plugged. Tread still like NEW condition. over 1500
Never wrecked, Not a single scratch or door-ding.
tr6 plugs 20
Sct tuner with 2 custom tunes goes with the car 350
Very dark tint all around (except front windshield) 175
Took the car to the track for a few passes and got an 11.8 on street tires and absolutely no track prep....very slick take-off with tire spin through second, granny shifting and still pulled off an 11.8. Drag radials, good driver and power shifting and this car should easily see 10's. I'm not the type to really beat on a car, so I didn't try.

that's $9,000 in extras! and doesn't count a single penny for installation work. I know and I'm not even going to try to get all of that back, so don't start flaming saying that i'm trying to recoup all of this money. Just listing it to show those that don't know and are new to Terminators what it takes to get to 600 RWHP.....and what a deal can be had on this car!

I'm sure I'm still missing a few things, so ask away if you have any questions.
ddpic9sv.jpg

313cobra0053aw.jpg

eng0011yi.jpg

newcobra0053zl.jpg

Last edited:

1FSTSL65

Established Member
depends on how patient you want to be. I am sure the car would sell in days if posted up here for around27k, but if you want the extra 2k, it could take a while to find the 'perfect buyer'. Sweet car, and i LOVE the wheels.

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
Wolfgang, PM me with what you want for the car, Have money in my hand.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
your car is basically perfect, but probably going to cost more than what i am able to pay. i'm in the market, just for one that costs a little less. though i could sell body parts on ebay......

one quick question though what is that antenna looking thing on the driver side in the second picture? i thought the antennas were still on the passenger side on terminators.

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
99riocobra said:
your car is basically perfect, but probably going to cost more than what i am able to pay. i'm in the market, just for one that costs a little less. though i could sell body parts on ebay......

one quick question though what is that antenna looking thing on the driver side in the second picture? i thought the antennas were still on the passenger side on terminators.

10TH ANNIV. Cobra's have the antenna on the drivers side.

nah, just kidding. I must have flipped the picture horizontially when I was editing / shrinking it down after downloading from my digital camera.

I would think if you sold an eyeball and a kidney on the black market, you'd have enough to buy! Who needs two eyes and two kidneys anyway? Small price to pay to have a 600 HP Whipple Cobra! Don't be so selfish with your bodyparts and organs man!

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
From the looks of things....I might have a buyer. Any last minute offers?

I hate seeing this car go....but The visions (what I will do with the $$$) of my all black 66 fastback sitting of ultra wide Foose 18's in back with skinnies in front, helps me cope with the loss.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
WOLFGANGSTA said:
I would think if you sold an eyeball and a kidney on the black market, you'd have enough to buy! Who needs two eyes and two kidneys anyway? Small price to pay to have a 600 HP Whipple Cobra! Don't be so selfish with your bodyparts and organs man!
:-D ^. agreed, that is a small price to pay! we'll see what comes up. good luck with your sale though.

TEABG

Banned
WOLFGANGSTA said:
From the looks of things....I might have a buyer. Any last minute offers?

I hate seeing this car go....but The visions (what I will do with the $$$) of my all black 66 fastback sitting of ultra wide Foose 18's in back with skinnies in front, helps me cope with the loss.

WOLFGANGSTA, SELLING THE COBRA. WOW! Thanks for working with me when I was having my Whipple installed. ARE YOU HOLDING OUT OF FOR A GT500? :thumbsup:

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
:thumbsup: bump for a sweet ride.... too bad we never got to line em' up for a few of those classic KB v/s Whipple battles we'd talked about doing
some time back... good luck with the sale... i'm selling mine as well to pursue
other interests.

Users who are viewing this thread