whipple boost?

JOHNDIXON

Established Member
have a 2.3 whipple on the way, i've got a 4lb metco lower and need to know what boost i'll be seeing with the stock whipple pulley. I want to run 18#s just not sure what boost options i have with the 4lb lower and just changing the upper?

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
ballpark estimates are; stock upper is 13lbs ... stock upper with 4lb lower should be 17lbs ... to reach 18lbs you will probably need like a 3.3" .. not sure if you can even find that but i doubt you will reach 18lbs unless you a restrictive exhaust with the stock upper pulley

i know that you can buy a 3.25" but that would probably push you to 19lbs

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
You should be at 17-18. I've seen a stock upper and 4lb lower make 18 on a good day. But I've also seen a 3.0 upper and stock lower make the same amount.

turbov6joe

Defensor Fortis
Established Member
Since we are on the subject, what belt does a guy need to use with a stock pulley Whipple and a Metco 4 pound lower?

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Since we are on the subject, what belt does a guy need to use with a stock pulley Whipple and a Metco 4 pound lower?

I have the same set up, with the BF pulley set up. I am also running the 3.2 alt. pulley. I just barely squeezed an 83 3/4" belt on there. I know that is huge, but that is what mine has on it. Part # K080830.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
have a 2.3 whipple on the way, i've got a 4lb metco lower and need to know what boost i'll be seeing with the stock whipple pulley. I want to run 18#s just not sure what boost options i have with the 4lb lower and just changing the upper?

Weather, and exhaust setup will play a roll in the boost you will see. See my sig for my setup. I made 17.5 on the dyno and it was pretty warm out (90ish*). On a very humid and hot (100's*) I only made 15psi.

You should see around 17-18 on your desired setup. You can run a lil more timing with less boost to make it a little more snappy, so more boost for pump gas isn't always better!! GL :beer:

JOHNDIXON

Established Member
Just in the process of tuning right now, but running 17#s was hoping to see 18 but i guess i'll have to wait till the weather cools down a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread