Whipple Boost Chart?

pattoncars

Established Member
I'm looking for a chart that shows the upper pulley, lower crank pulley and est boost. I found one before that showed all of this plus belt size but I can't find it now. I'm want to know what kind of boost would I make with a 3.0 upper and a 6lb lower pulley. Help anyone???

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
I'm looking for a chart that shows the upper pulley, lower crank pulley and est boost. I found one before that showed all of this plus belt size but I can't find it now. I'm want to know what kind of boost would I make with a 3.0 upper and a 6lb lower pulley. Help anyone???

i would also like to see this, some of the charts ive seen are for the Gen 1 blowers.

I have a Gen2 whipple with a 3.0 and stock lower and see about 19 psi (20 psi when it gets colder)....im wondering how much people are seeing with a 2.80" upper

pattoncars

Established Member
i would also like to see this, some of the charts ive seen are for the Gen 1 blowers.

I have a Gen2 whipple with a 3.0 and stock lower and see about 19 psi (20 psi when it gets colder)....im wondering how much people are seeing with a 2.80" upper

Thats crazy because I'm running the same setup as you and only making 15psi on a cold night? I also had another guy tell me that he was making 17psi on this setup... I cant understand the difference :shrug: Now I have a MMR motor but I don't think that should change the psi?

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
Thats crazy because I'm running the same setup as you and only making 15psi on a cold night? I also had another guy tell me that he was making 17psi on this setup... I cant understand the difference :shrug: Now I have a MMR motor but I don't think that should change the psi?

most people with our setup are making right around 19psi. Anything less could be from a more efficient engine (ported heads, cams, maybe more cubic inches??) Another thing to look at would be how accurate your boost gauge is, ive seen some that are a few lbs. off....like i said, just a few things to look at.

pattoncars

Established Member
most people with our setup are making right around 19psi. Anything less could be from a more efficient engine (ported heads, cams, maybe more cubic inches??) Another thing to look at would be how accurate your boost gauge is, ive seen some that are a few lbs. off....like i said, just a few things to look at.

I never really thought about that...I have a MMR stroker motor with ported and polished heads. I wished I had cams but they are still stock. I guess that would be why?

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
I never really thought about that...I have a MMR stroker motor with ported and polished heads. I wished I had cams but they are still stock. I guess that would be why?

i would think so...maybe try another boost gauge?

DanielB

WHPPLD
Established Member

I have a Gen1 with a 3.0 upper and stock lower and see about 19-20 psi. This was with stock motor and stock exhaust manifolds.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
I just bought an Autometer guage but its not in yet. I have an Aeroforce right now. I'm not sure how accurate it is?

thats the problem right there...if i remember correctly the Aeroforce gauge will only read to 15psi because thats all the factory MAP sensor will go to, in order for it to read properly over that you need to get a different dedicated MAP sensor ( i think they use a GM one??)

I have a Gen1 with a 3.0 upper and stock lower and see about 19-20 psi. This was with stock motor and stock exhaust manifolds.

like i said this is about normal for our car with this set up, mine is the same

03_SVT_COBRA

Established Member
It varries a lot. I have a 4lb lower with the stock 3.5 upper. I see peek 19 psi on a colder day with stock manifolds and a jlt hi boost cold air intake. On a hot muggy day it peeks at 18 and stays at 17 steady. If you have a lower installed, remember no hi rpm down shifts!!! thats how you shread belts! :)

jayswhipple

If you have off road mid-pipe or headers , especially long tub. You will have less boost.

cobracide

Established Member
thats the problem right there...if i remember correctly the Aeroforce gauge will only read to 15psi because thats all the factory MAP sensor will go to, in order for it to read properly over that you need to get a different dedicated MAP sensor ( i think they use a GM one??)

Stock MAP is a two bar (~14.5#) and Aeroforce has three kits - two bar GM style, 3.5 bar (50 psia) MAP sensor and a 100 psig boost pressure sensor kit.

Aeroforce Technology Inc | Products - Sensors

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member

That could be why. Boost is actually a measure of restriction. Also areo force is not accurate if its just plugged into the obd2 port you have to get the map sensor kit and pig tail for it to show an accurate reading.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread