Whipple=BAMF

2002_500HP

Banned
Hey Guys,
As you know i've been installing all of my mods here as of late...well thanks to James over at RWTD(you are the man) i got here back running today he stayed late to finish up my tune to turn my PATS off for me. Man all i can say is at 15 psi this thing is a fricken beast...i will post pics and vids tomorrow after i get over my hangover from tonight..as i just turned 21 weds and since my beastie is done i'm celebrating. all you guys be safe this weekend and i will get you some pics and vids tomorrow.

Hey Guys here are the pics and vids i promised.......http://www.putfile.com/jschell

Last edited:

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Drink one for me. I gotta go back to work for another 2 weeks. Have fun bro.

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
ha ha. Sweet. The way it should be done. Never cheat your self I always say

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Congrats and as always James is da man, always works diligently til the tune is done to perfection. Congrats on the new power. Just curious, why did you turn the pats off?

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
nice..pics please :)
also is the Whipple unit a better SC than the KB blower?
What made you want to go with the whipple over the KB?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Kryo-Genik said:
nice..pics please :)
also is the Whipple unit a better SC than the KB blower?
What made you want to go with the whipple over the KB?

Uh-oh. You're trying to open a can of worms aren't ya? :poke: LoL.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
The whipple makes more boost at lower blower rpms than the KB. They make equal power at equal boost levels. The whipple is 600-1200 more than a KB, Whipple has a bolt on afterthought bracket for their case flex issues. KB is proven and has a longer track record. These aren't opinions but facts btw and I'm not bashing one or the other. I'd probably have a Whipple if they would have come out sooner but that is another thread in itself.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Sinister04L said:
Uh-oh. You're trying to open a can of worms aren't ya? :poke: LoL.

honestly no. I just got my L less than 2 weeks ago and was wondering :)

Fade 2 Black said:
The whipple makes more boost at lower blower rpms than the KB. They make equal power at equal boost levels. The whipple is 600-1200 more than a KB, Whipple has a bolt on afterthought bracket for their case flex issues. KB is proven and has a longer track record. These aren't opinions but facts btw and I'm not bashing one or the other. I'd probably have a Whipple if they would have come out sooner but that is another thread in itself.

interesting. sorry to high jack but Im just interested in the difference between the two :)
what is the "after thought" bracket you are speaking of?

2002_500HP

Banned
Bob i turned the pats off b/c i believe the unit to have went bad b/c james said since there were no blown fuses anywhere the transponder for the key could have went bad also sct and ford told me the same thing and i'm really not looking to get it fixed if i buy another alarm it wil be something worth while for me to buy like a viper or something. hope you like the vids and pics.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Dammit!! I can't see putfile from work. I'll look later.

I thought that might be the reason you turned it off, just makin' sure there wasn't some new trick I missed out on, he he.

Kryo, the bracket goes around the blower snout and sits atop the idler bracket and braces the front of the s/c to prevent flexing which will result in rotor to case contact, in turn damaging the unit. There are several cases of this already and this was whipples fix, even charging customers for it I think as well as not polishing ones sent to those with polished blowers.

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
The whipple made more power than the KB did on the dyno BUT hasn't really taken the e.t's to new levels. I think the whipple's look much better. Atleast thats what I've gotta keep telling myself to make myself believe it was worth it LOL......

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
Agreed, that being said, max rpm for both blowers is 18K at 18181 my KB made 19-20 psi. At 14484 my whipple was making 18 psi. basically, I am just shy of 1 or so PSI with a 10" diamter lower and a 3.375 upper than I was with the 10" lower and 2.7 upper. Now, Go to a 3" upper and compare power outputs at equal blower RPM. That being said. I have yet to have any of my whipple not have case contact at that speed and volume. #3 has had some upgrades, so we will see :burnout:

2002_500HP

Banned
yea it was a PITA getting it in there by my self as for what bob was saying that bracket is trash IMO...i'm still trying to get it to fit right looks like i'm gonna have to find some way to tie the radiator hose back alittle. just hope i don't get any of that cracking or breaking or contact. anyone like those vids?????

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
2002 500HP,

Like Fade 2 Black said, make sure you get the snout bracket or you'll be running the risk of flexing the case and your rotors making contact. The only reason I mention it is because I checked your pics and didn't see the bracket on the snout of your Whip.

Users who are viewing this thread