whipple and headers numbers???

ous2418

Established Member
im dropping my car off at local shop tomorrow in the am for a set of kooks 1 7/8 headers and 3 inch offroad xpipe. right now car has whipple stock manifolds and a magnaflow cb. 21 ibs boost car is making 628 rwhp and 603 torque on current setup. just wondering on what i should expect in gains for hp, trq, and boost wise???

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
You will probably only be seeing 19psi. Cant say on numbers, but your car will pull stronger and smoother after. You will definitely like it!

That's what my tuner told me also - to expect around a 2 psi drop when the headers are installed. I plan to install mine over the Christmas holidays so it will be a while before I find out for sure...:shrug:

stangliter04

Established Member
I have SLP longtubes on mine and with a 3.0 Pulley I still made 17lbs??? No drop off... OP what is your fuel setup? Are those numbers on race gas?

ous2418

Established Member
I have SLP longtubes on mine and with a 3.0 Pulley I still made 17lbs??? No drop off... OP what is your fuel setup? Are those numbers on race gas?

no my numbers are on 93 octane. got the lethal performance setup (fore rails, fuel hat, etc.) w/ 60 injectors and dual gt40 pumps.

ous2418

Established Member
ok i got the car back today!!! they did a baseline before installing the headers. she put down 607rwhp and 605 trq. at 22 lbs boost. after the install
and retune got 637rwhp and 605trq at 21 ibs!!! im very happy with the results and sounds amazing yet no to loud and the throttle response is nice. its alot smoother and yea the tire spinning got a lil worse lol... the bfg's aint cuttin it at all ima have to try hoosiers or mt drags!!

Last edited:

662rwtq

Established Member
subscibing cause i am making 662rwhp and 662rwtq through manifolds on 21lbs

20-COBRA-03

Banned
i had the same pulley setup as 662rwtq... i was seeing 23psi with my bbk LT's so i'm not sure wtf hes talking about lol. that 662tq 662hp run was on pump 93oct with a little torco on a very conservative tune

Users who are viewing this thread