Whipple 3.4 Vs. 2.8 Kenne bell

03_Cobra_Coy

AWESOMENESS
Established Member
Which one? I’ve been looking at both of them. I’m looking to buy a Supercharger in April when I Redeploy back home. So I need advice

So any advice or remarks would be appreciated
:beer:

cobracide

Established Member
Which one? I’ve been looking at both of them. I’m looking to buy a Supercharger in April when I Redeploy back home. So I need advice

So any advice or remarks would be appreciated
:beer:

You need to specify your GOALS to distinguish what is the best for you. Otherwise flip a coin.

03_Cobra_Coy

AWESOMENESS
Established Member
i just want something better than my ported eaton money is not the problem here .. if yall have any other supercharger please let me know?
thanks

03TRKB

The LSX Swapped Guy
Established Member
Twin 62's? If your set on an SC KB 2.8LC Mammoth:rockon: or stroke yoir motor to a 5.3 port and cam, and a Whipple 4.0!

BlkVnm512

Smitty's is better
Established Member
You need to specify your GOALS to distinguish what is the best for you. Otherwise flip a coin.

He makes a great point. its what you want to do. As one guy mentioned twin 62's through your eaton(with the stock pulley installed) would get you 800+hp, where as a guy i know with a 2.8 Mammoth on an 03 was making 612, so its your preference. if you really just wanted to pick between the 3.4 and 2.8, 2.8 would be my preference. but personally im looking into 62's. "Pick the Red or Blue one"

hope this helps

03TRKB

The LSX Swapped Guy
Established Member
You could make more power, keep the low end and still make good power up top with twins, plus if you wanted to make 1000rwhp, pistons, remov the blower and BAM!

evil 03

THE 700 CLUB
Established Member
photo3.gif

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
03_Cobra_Coy between the two blowers you are contemplating on purchasing, I'd go with the 2.8 Kenne Bell. With the KB you wouldn't have to cut your hood for it to fit or lower the engine in the cars K-member like you would with the Whipple. You can always run the 2.8 at moderate boost levels (16-18 psi) and then turn it up later on down the road if you choose.

Just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread