Whipple 3.0 TB

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Just throwing around the idea of Whipple 3.0 seeing as how Black Friday is upon us. Is anyone running one with the 132mm Tb? I’ve had issues with monoblades in the past and wanted to see if there have been any improvements since? Realistically I’d like to be at 750whp

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Can't answer your 132mm question, but am curious about your mono-blade issues ?
Having run successfully on 2 cars, I've had great service out of FRPP mono-blades. I wonder if who & how your tuning is done, is really the problem ? Both of my cars were tuned on the street by JDM, the driving experience is just like stock..

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just throwing around the idea of Whipple 3.0 seeing as how Black Friday is upon us. Is anyone running one with the 132mm Tb? I’ve had issues with monoblades in the past and wanted to see if there have been any improvements since? Realistically I’d like to be at 750whp

in general the 132 is pretty good, the 150mm is more of a track

let me know if we can help out with one for you! we are giving 1 person a full refund as well!!!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd save my money unless your motor is built. And my research concluded that the TB Whipple has with that blower is difficult to tune. (IF THATS THE ROVAL setup?)

I'd do a Gen3r over a Whipple

Trinity blower will make 750, and you get to keep your down low torque on a stock motor

Wanna spend money, get a set of gears; 3:73s

*Based on your signature looks like you know your way around, not your 1st rodeo.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Can't answer your 132mm question, but am curious about your mono-blade issues ?
Having run successfully on 2 cars, I've had great service out of FRPP mono-blades. I wonder if who & how your tuning is done, is really the problem ? Both of my cars were tuned on the street by JDM, the driving experience is just like stock..

It was on my S197 GT with a DOB Eaton swap. It was mainly an idle issue. I don't believe those FRPP Monos are available any longer anyhow. It was probably a huge factor in how your car runs and If memory serves me, wasn't Jim a calibrator for Ford?

I'd save my money unless your motor is built. And my research concluded that the TB Whipple has with that blower is difficult to tune. (IF THATS THE ROVAL setup?)

I'd do a Gen3r over a Whipple

Trinity blower will make 750, and you get to keep your down low torque on a stock motor

Wanna spend money, get a set of gears; 3:73s

*Based on your signature looks like you know your way around, not your 1st rodeo.

Got a recipe for that 750whp? I'm a 2.4 upper with CJ 65mm and JLT 123mm right now. For the cost of adding a BPS elbow and VMP 69mm TB, porting the blower I'm not that far off from just throwing a bigger blower on there.
The Whipple is my default since I've run them in the past with great results. I've seen the Gen 5 3.0 go for about $4600 (includes blower with 3.25" upper, throttle body adaptor to run the CJ 65mm and reusing my JLT 123mm)

I stumbled across this alternative to a big mono-blade or Roval for the Gen 5 just a few days ago: Whipple throttle body adapter 3.0L/3.8L to Stock GT500
I saw that the other day on Lethal's website and ran across a thread from a member here that used that adaptor. I think it was a decrease of about 40whp. Let me see if I can find the thread

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It was on my S197 GT with a DOB Eaton swap. It was mainly an idle issue. I don't believe those FRPP Monos are available any longer anyhow. It was probably a huge factor in how your car runs and If memory serves me, wasn't Jim a calibrator for Ford?
Yes he was.
I wasn't trying to make a plug for the FRPP mono, only that I saw your Lund tune & suspected your tuning wasn't done in person..

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Im waiting on the 135mm to be released for the 3.8. But thats for my Trackhawk. Im sure the Mustang will have the same. Hoping it makes 1500+ whp.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Yes he was.
I wasn't trying to make a plug for the FRPP mono, only that I saw your Lund tune & suspected your tuning wasn't done in person..

I’ve been keeping my eye out for one of those since I’ve been following some of your posts about the FRPP unit.

The car was actually tuned in person by Ken back when he was still with Lund.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
@03DSGMach1
yes sir recipe is in my signature. I'm actually at 735rwhp/715rwtq tuned at Pro Dyno
If you need that extra 15-20rwhp, throw in some boostane.
For me, I like torque, the HP is just there
I like torque because it makes my seat happy. lol

This will probably send the thread sideways....

If your running 93, TVS over Twinscrew

You need the octane to spin that larger blower, and than your still limited to 6400RPM.
I agree with you on not porting and a 69mm tb is not needed.
Even VMP says 67mm for the street, 69mm for the track

That's my input. In the end, what are your goals I guess? I'll just hang out and read along lol

Last edited:

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
@03DSGMach1
yes sir recipe is in my signature. I'm actually at 735rwhp/715rwtq tuned at Pro Dyno
If you need that extra 15-20rwhp, throw in some boostane.
For me, I like torque, the HP is just there
I like torque because it makes my seat happy. lol

This will probably send the thread sideways....

If your running 93, TVS over Twinscrew

You need the octane to spin that larger blower, and than your still limited to 6400RPM.
I agree with you on not porting and a 69mm tb is not needed.
Even VMP says 67mm for the street, 69mm for the track

That's my input. In the end, what are your goals I guess? I'll just hang out and read along lol
Thanks for the input, sir. I see that our mod list is pretty spot on save for your long tubes. The car is mainly a cruiser and will probably see the track a handful of times a year.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the input, sir. I see that our mod list is pretty spot on save for your long tubes. The car is mainly a cruiser and will probably see the track a handful of times a year.
Do you have gears and sticky tires?
Will make WAY more street fun than 3.31 stick gears and non R-comp tires (I prefer Nitto DRs for street).
How many miles do you drive per year? If stuck with pump 93 then just buy a case of octane booster for every fill up and enjoy the timing bump.
Good luck.
-J

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Do you have gears and sticky tires?
Will make WAY more street fun than 3.31 stick gears and non R-comp tires (I prefer Nitto DRs for street).
How many miles do you drive per year? If stuck with pump 93 then just buy a case of octane booster for every fill up and enjoy the timing bump.
Good luck.
-J

Still on 3.31’s and MPSS until the new wheels arrive, then it’ll be on the Nitto 555/555R2 setup. I’ve got Corn and Pump available to me

Users who are viewing this thread