Whipple 2.9 ?s

daseler

Established Member
I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a Whipple 2.9 (upgrading from a stage V ported eaton) but I got a couple questions. I am planning on running E85, what size pulley would I need to end up with about 21-22 lbs of boost? My goal is around 700 RWHP. I have a triple Walbro return setup and 80 lbs injectors will be coming with the whipple for anyone who is curious.

My next question is do I need to upgrade to a bigger MAF housing? I own a mafia already, and I plan to get a 12" JLT cold air induction kit to replace my smaller carbon fiber JLT cold air. I am unsure if I should stick with my stock 90mm and mafia or upgrade and get the bigger MAF housing when I buy the bigger cold air kit, I can order it for either setup I just need to know before hand. Would there be a significant restriction with the stock MAF housing?

What do you all think? Thoughts are much appreciated. :beer:

Last edited:

SVTDice

Established Member
Oh man, You will sky rocket past your goal if you do E85 and If you run stock upper and stock lower it will be 21 Psi's of boost or so. With a 4lb lower I believe you will have about 23lb or so. Depends if you have LT's or not. Anyways having E85 with a 2.9 Whipple is a good choice if you are ever going to do over 25+ Psi and more timing.

Anyways, You "May" Need to upgrade your MAF. I'm going to let somebody with more experience on this chim in on this one. Sounds like its going to be quite the beast! Hope things go smooth man, Goodluck.

Users who are viewing this thread