Whipple 2.9 on stock block

Quagmire

Established Member
Hey guys how many of you guys are running a whipple 2.9 with stock engine internals. I coming to the conclusion the 2.9 with stock upper and 4lb is what i will be running. Current mods in sig i would prob upgrade to return style fuel system, and 80s. Would my setup be to aggressive for the car or border line? I would make it a part time dd. Thinking 650 hp.

gabe1530

Banned
Stock upper and 4lb lower will net you around 22lbs of boost. Are you going to run 100 octane or e85? Boost will vary on mods and elevation.
For the street I would just run the stock 3.5 upper. That's what I'm running now and i see 17 at peak. I used to have the 3.75 and saw 15 at peak.

Quagmire

Established Member
wow damn didnt know that thing produced that much boost with a 4lb, guess gotta run stocker and get a new lower

stal94gt

Established Member
i dont understand what is up with the 2.9L and the inconsistent boost levels. i installed mine about 3 months ago and i have never seen under 19# of boost with the stock upper and lower

1320 Junkie

Established Member
2.9 + Stock Longblock here....i also run the 3.5" upper....i seen the highest 19psi and regularly see 17psi now in the heat of summer and only reving it to 6200rpms. These 2.9s GAIN boost up top thats why the PSI levels vary...all depends on your reving RPMs and inlet/ exhaust restrictions...every combo will vary....including elevation like stated above.....im at sealevel.

Users who are viewing this thread