Whipple 2.9 on ebay.....

GT500NN

Established Member
Does anybody know what all comes with this kit? I tried searching the part number and nothing came up.

Seahorse

Established Member
The "W175AXP" part number listed on the ebay item is on Whipple's site as the following:

Whipple Industries

Definitely a good price for a polished setup. Seems to be everything except the TB, tuning, and fueling (as you would find in the FRPP kit).

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Says this:

"The complete bolt-on system comes with all the necessary parts for 17lbs of boost including a PCM reflash for industry leading reliability and power."

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Better hurry fast. Only one 2.9 left. :rockon:

Wes has gotten like 75 calls today on it today. He is a stand up guy if anybody is iffy. He told me to call him if I had any questions on install or wiring the BAP I got.

Any body want to buy a new TVS blower? :bash:

Bulldogger

Established Member

Wes has gotten like 75 calls today on it today. He is a stand up guy if anybody is iffy. He told me to call him if I had any questions on install or wiring the BAP I got.

Yeah I'd still go TVS:rockon:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member

Wes was holding it for me. All 2.9's are now gone.......:beer:

I've been on the 2.9 fence with the Shelby for some time. As my other toy is a rocket ship. Thanks O/P for getting me off that fence....too good of a deal to pass up IMO

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Yeah I'd still go TVS:rockon:

To each their own. Both have their advantages. I just think the whipple has more potential if you ever want to turn the boost up more.

Wes was holding it for me. All 2.9's are now gone.......:beer:

I've been on the 2.9 fence with the Shelby for some time. As my other toy is a rocket ship. Thanks O/P for getting me off that fence....too good of a deal to pass up IMO

Congrats man. Wes was telling me about somebody trying to pay for one. I figured it was you.
Did you get a BAP or injectors? What boost level you plan on running? Wes told me he thinks its a 3.5" pulley on there now.

The 3.4 whipple isnt a bad deal either. Just have to lower motor or bigger hood.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Better than $3k for a 3.4L Whipple or $3200 for a 2.9L? I was looking at the VMP TVS but a new 2.9L Whipple might be worth looking at if it was cheaper than the TVS.

Last edited:

Bulldogger

Established Member
To each their own. Both have their advantages. I just think the whipple has more potential if you ever want to turn the boost up more.
The whipple does have more potential, it is also a larger displacement. If I was going on a built bottom end then I would do a whipple or KB. Staying with a factory bottom end I would just stay with the TVS.

Congrats man. Wes was telling me about somebody trying to pay for one. I figured it was you.
Did you get a BAP or injectors? What boost level you plan on running? Wes told me he thinks its a 3.5" pulley on there now.

The 3.4 whipple isnt a bad deal either. Just have to lower motor or bigger hood.

If the car is being used as a daily driver I don't think you need more then 700rwhp. I have spoken with too many guys that have done the 800-1200 rwhp street cars and after a few close calls and some wrecks they have all dialed down or rebuilt their cars with 550 -800 rwhp. As the RWHP increases the margin for error decreases:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread