Whipple 2.9 kit from lethal

deathlyvenom

Established Member
looking at geting the 2.9l whipple kit from lethal performance do i need anything else or would any body suggest anything else also some people are saying i would need headers true or not i have o/r x stock manifolds thanks

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Ask lethal for a Kenne Bell instead. They are the number 1 distributor.

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
The Whipple kit is great, you will love it. I was the first guy with a 2.9L, 10K miles and three years later running strong not a single hiccup. You don't need headers at all, unless you like the noise and want even more power.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
depends on type of kit....
When I did mine I went with 72lb injectors/BAP and the JLT 127MM CAI
I already had the headers/Not required and I had the L/M 72 MM-TB

g/l

deathlyvenom

Established Member
Thanks a bunch for the positive feedback the fun part is going to be getting the power to the ground haha thanks again guys

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
No fun at all. Just ask the guy that wrapped his around a pole. Would defintely get the 72lb injectors. Everything else is easy to go back and do later if on a budget. Injectors will be easiest at time of installation.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
looking at geting the 2.9l whipple kit from lethal performance do i need anything else or would any body suggest anything else also some people are saying i would need headers true or not i have o/r x stock manifolds thanks

Headers are not required to install the supercharger, however, you will see more power with them. The only additional item I would recommend would be a set of the 72 lb injectors if you plan on going over 670 rwhp. A cold air kit is also recommended as the stock MAF housing doesn't have enough diameter to give the stock sensor the range needed to read the airflow of that blower, I recommend the JLT line of intakes. Hope that helps, let us know when you're ready to order and we'll take good care of you :beer:

Thanks.

pony23

Established Member
Does the Lethal kit come with the re-bent egr tube?

2011SVT

"Oderint Dum Metuant"
Established Member
I bought the core of my kit from Lethal and then added on a few bits and pieces.

Great guys to work with and the setup has been flawless.:thumbsup:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Is there a Pulley/Boost chart running around? I didn't see it on the Whipple site.

Users who are viewing this thread