whipple 2.9 done and tuned

willis414

Established Member
Well I finally finished my whipple 2.9 install. I brought the cobra to Pete at Performance Dyno, I can say he's a top notch no bs guy.
The cobra put down 650hp and 587tq on 93 pump gas with 17* of timing makes 21psi boost. The car runs killer nice job Pete thanks, Jesse

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice numbers! Seems like alot of boost for 93 pump gas eventhough the timings at 17*.

willis414

Established Member
Build info-
3.5 upper
2# lower
Kooks w/ full 3"
80lb injectors
Twin gt pumps
Ba3000
New jlt high boost intake
BF idler pullies
Stock fuel rails and lines

Intervention302

Established Member
Pete called me to tell me your numbers... Congrats man

What size primaries do you have on those kooks? Was Rick your installer?

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Great numbers OP Congrats ! Although I wouldn't run more than 19psi on pump but that's just my opinion ... Enjoy the beast :beer:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Awesome numbers! I see you are in Western, MA - where do you live? I'm in Feeding Hills. I thought about taking my car to that place for some tuning on my 2.3 setup (using Amazon email tune for now).

willis414

Established Member
Pete called me to tell me your numbers... Congrats man

What size primaries do you have on those kooks? Was Rick your installer?

Thanks, they're kooks 1 3/4" made to work with a custom 3" 304 stainless exhaust hand made buy my friend Mike of Robinsons Race Cars. All installs where by me with some help from friends

willis414

Established Member
Awesome numbers! I see you are in Western, MA - where do you live? I'm in Feeding Hills. I thought about taking my car to that place for some tuning on my 2.3 setup (using Amazon email tune for now).

Thanks, I live in Chicopee, I've seen your car at marks cruise last year. I would absolutely take you car to Pete he knows cobras it nice ride up 91 then though nh. I'll be going back for a " KILL " tune

Great numbers man!! But I wow 21psi on pump gas.. Your poor motor :(

Poor motor? I disagree if you said poor tires I would absolutely agree

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Poor motor meaning you have 1 bad tank of gas or 1 thing goes wrong your motor is gunna go kaboom.. lol

willis414

Established Member
Uh.... Ya thanks for your insight on the gas and the one problem thing, I guess I never thought about it. I see you have a built motor what happend to your orginal motor, I hope it wasn't that dreaded one thing. Anyways I know you mean well so thanks. Jesse

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
Not sure if you have an A/F gauge, but get one. Very important like everyone has said. Some bad fuel or fuel that has been sitting around in a tank for a few months might cause some problems quick, especially if that thing gets lean.

Congrats though, very good numbers man! Nothing like that instant torque of those twin screws.

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
Not sure if you have an A/F gauge, but get one. Very important like everyone has said. Some bad fuel or fuel that has been sitting around in a tank for a few months might cause some problems quick, especially if that thing gets lean.

Congrats though, very good numbers man! Nothing like that instant torque of those twin screws.

Agreed.. Keep us posted, I'm afraid to run that many #s.... Where's your a/f @ wot?

Users who are viewing this thread