Whipple 2.3 with 3.0 pulley only 10psi

usmcvet02

Fassst
Established Member
So I just picked up the car and was unable to go into WOT, car would stumble/fall on it's face. Pulled the plugs and it had motorcraft gapped at .40:fm:
Just put some TR6 at .28 and car runs great, also replaced the frps just in case. Now when I go WOT I'm only seeing 10psi??? :??: It has a 3.0 pulley and I believe stock lower, what kind of boost should I be at and what's going on!?!?

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Should be around 16-17psi with a 3" pulley. I would double check all vacuum lines. What are you using to know its 10psi?

ctgreddy

Established Member
did you put the overlay in or was it done? I believe there's a stop in the factory gauge that you have to file away that might not be done on yours? I'd try getting a different gauge to check it.

usmcvet02

Fassst
Established Member
it was already on the car, I was thinking vacuum leak.....my idle is hanging a little. after a few seconds it comes down approx. 800rpm at a stop

usmcvet02

Fassst
Established Member
thanks for all the help guys. No idea who tuned the car, it came from Hawaii and from what I've research theirs only a few people who tune out there. Can't wait to get an appt with AED asap.

UPDATE:
I am an idiot :bash:
If it were the factory guage it's reading factory about 8-10 psi. BUT since its the overlay it's technically MORE LIKE 17-18psi!!!!! Sorry about that guys. It does great in boost but if I WOT instead of easing into it it just feels like it hesitates and doesn't want to pull. I'm done messing with it until the tuner can see what's going on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread