Whipple 2.3 stock throttle body newbie questions.

DR_DOOM_SVT

Established Member
If I plan to go with a whipple 2.3 with the stock throttle body using a 3.5 pulley, what fuel upgrades do I need? Do I need other upgrades? What kind of hp numbers should I be seeing?
Thanks for the help guys!!

JAYSVT06

Established Member
I got a bbk ported posi throttle body for that inlet id sell, flows like a single blade, ull prob need all basic supporting mods but def a boost a pump, id say u would be 13psi n prob min of 525 rear wheel hp on that pulley

SVT_Troy

Established Member
just a boost a pump has flowed enough to support mid 600's on many people's car..... IF you want to upgrade your fuel system I would just save alittle and do a return system.... Trust me, look at my sig and fuel mods and the cash that I have in it could have bought me a return system used of here easy...

DR_DOOM_SVT

Established Member
just a boost a pump has flowed enough to support mid 600's on many people's car..... IF you want to upgrade your fuel system I would just save alittle and do a return system.... Trust me, look at my sig and fuel mods and the cash that I have in it could have bought me a return system used of here easy...

All I will need is a boost a pump? I thought about getting the lethal budget that they are offering.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
All I will need is a boost a pump? I thought about getting the lethal budget that they are offering.

yea if your going to be good running a 93 only tune and not race gas trying to push timing or anything a boost-a-pump will suffice. Alot will mention duty cycle and maxing it out blah blah blah..... many have done it with just a BAP. Its all in a good tune.... But if you want anymore power down the line its best just to go return..... I'm kicking myself in the ass right now for not going return despite recommendations of many.... :cuss:

DR_DOOM_SVT

Established Member
yea if your going to be good running a 93 only tune and not race gas trying to push timing or anything a boost-a-pump will suffice. Alot will mention duty cycle and maxing it out blah blah blah..... many have done it with just a BAP. Its all in a good tune.... But if you want anymore power down the line its best just to go return..... I'm kicking myself in the ass right now for not going return despite recommendations of many.... :cuss:

Thanks Troy!! All we have here in my area is 91. It will be a conservative tune.

Users who are viewing this thread