Whipple 2.3 Questions

gt40racing

Established Member
Okay guys I got a 2.3 Whipple and I am about to collect the rest of the parts to make this install happen. Trying to get to about 500 to 550HP. I know I need injectors, what else is necessary to reach my target....:banana:

I plan to do the install and have the car tuned at RET!!!!

haw07_064.sized.jpg

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
500-550!! You could get that with a ported Eaton with the right pully combo. . . .

You can get 600 with the Whipple pretty easy.

At the very least you will need:

60s
BAP
MAFia or SCT BA

and of course a tune.

Last edited:

Redfirecobra04

Established Member
500-550!! You could get that with a ported Eaton with the right pully combo. . . .

You can get 600 with the Whipple pretty easy.

At the very least you will need:

60s
BAP
MAFia or SCT BA

and of course a tune.

I guess it is easy when you run proper pulley setup. I am running 3" pulley with stock lower and Metco idlers since OEM's idlers fell apart after Whipple install. As for the rest you will need the 60s, BAP or GT pumps, SCT, tensioner pulley, belt, catback w/ x-pipe, and new TB. I am making 580HP.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I guess it is easy when you run proper pulley setup. I am running 3" pulley with stock lower and Metco idlers since OEM's idlers fell apart after Whipple install. As for the rest you will need the 60s, BAP or GT pumps, SCT, tensioner pulley, belt, catback w/ x-pipe, and new TB. I am making 580HP.

Yup, with the right pulley set up and a good tune.

Steve2050

Established Member
I'm installing my Whipple this week. I am doing the following:

FRPP 60 lb injectors
SCT BA 2400
Coolant mod with braided line
GT pumps
PPRV delete
SCT dyno tune by D'Sousa Performance

I'm only looking to run 13 lbs boost so I expect around 500rwhp.

gx00850

Established Member

Is that 580 on a mustang dyno or a dynotune? Thanks.

mach1033

Established Member
what other mods do you have on your car? 550 will be childs play for that blower. Even with 15lbs of boost you will be very close to the 600 mark. My current fuel set up is this.
1. Fore hat
2. Gt pumps
3. 2 FPDM's
4. Upgraded fuel lines from hat to rails
5. Aeromotive fuel filter
6. Fore rails
7. Y-block
8. 60 lb injectors
As for the MAF I had the BA-2400 with a 12 inch filter. At the time my car made 605 rwhp on pump 93 and the duty cycles were only at 72%.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
^ I think with 15 #s you will be closer to 550 than 600. . . .

Definitely depends on the car, all the 03/04s are soo different power wise but for your average Cobra around 15 #s I think it would be closer to 550 than 600RWHP.

Last edited:

svt2ner

Established Member
I cant believe people are pissing the money away on a t/s and not getting 600 at the least.

mach1033

Established Member
^ I think with 15 #s you will be closer to 550 than 600. . . .

Definitely depends on the car, all the 03/04s are soo different power wise but for your average Cobra around 15 #s I think it would be closer to 550 than 600RWHP.

True and I'm not disagreeing with you but depending what mods he has in particular the exhaust like LT's will determine the final power which is why I had asked what mods he currently has. If he has stock exhaust manifolds than yes 550 is all he is gonna get. Me personally I would spin it to at least 17lbs. Also I can't tell if that inlet is a single blade or stock TB which also will play a little role in power below 19lbs of boost.

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
My exhaust is already done and I plan to upgrade the fuel system. I will be tuning at RET and I think things will come together as I get closer to the swap.

What is your exhaust set up? Also what fuel upgrades did you decide to go with? As far as the inlet is it the single or twin blade opening?

gt40racing

Established Member
What is your exhaust set up? Also what fuel upgrades did you decide to go with? As far as the inlet is it the single or twin blade opening?

I have Bassani X pipe with 3 inch MAC catback! I am going use some Ford 60lb injectors, SCT Meter, BAP, Tune by RET. Got some other small items to pick up... Install my Aeroforce dual gauges and my Fast Dual wideband setup...

Last edited:

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Greg is the man. He will take good care of your Cobra. I see you making 550 rwhp no problem.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I think you should have no problem hitting your goal of 550hp...#s are #s we could talk about them all day...all I know is when I go twin screw I want the BIG 600 HP street car, lol...it would be sweet for you to do a write-up/vid, but I know that I'm dreaming...anyway, good luck and keep us updated...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
OP the best and only person I would talk to in your case would be Greg at RWTD. He will not lead you wrong and is an awesome tuner. Ask him and do what he recommends.

Users who are viewing this thread