Whipple 2.3 Pulley Question

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
I've been out of the Terminator game for about 10 years. Since selling my last Terminator, I've had three Shelby's and one Hellcat. I decided to go back to a Terminator a few weeks ago and bought a mystichrome vert. I picked up a great deal on a Gen 1 Whipple 2.3. I have all of the supporting mods: 60lb injectors, Accufab, JLT Big Air, Diablosport MAFIA, KB BAP. I've been reading on pulley combinations. On my last Termie, I had a Gen 2 Whipple 2.3. I had a 3.5 upper and a 4 lb lower and ran it on 93 octane. I'm shooting for 18ish lbs so that I can run it on 93. Any suggestions? It has a 3.0 upper on it. I'm assuming a 4lb lower would be too much? Mayne a 2 lb? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Gen 1 2.3 running a 3.5 upper with 4lb lower seeing 18lbs on pump
Lund Racing Tune.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
Ditch the MAFia and BAP. With all the choices out there nowadays there really isn't a reason to run either of those IMO.

KBR

Established Member
I've been out of the Terminator game for about 10 years. Since selling my last Terminator, I've had three Shelby's and one Hellcat. I decided to go back to a Terminator a few weeks ago and bought a mystichrome vert. I picked up a great deal on a Gen 1 Whipple 2.3. I have all of the supporting mods: 60lb injectors, Accufab, JLT Big Air, Diablosport MAFIA, KB BAP. I've been reading on pulley combinations. On my last Termie, I had a Gen 2 Whipple 2.3. I had a 3.5 upper and a 4 lb lower and ran it on 93 octane. I'm shooting for 18ish lbs so that I can run it on 93. Any suggestions? It has a 3.0 upper on it. I'm assuming a 4lb lower would be too much? Mayne a 2 lb? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A friend of mine just had a Whipple 2.3 (not sure gen/throttle body) w/3.0 upper and 4lb lower...JLT CAI and Lt headers tuned....his car made 20.8lbs of boost. It Made 677hp on 93 and Torco

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ctozzi

Established Member
I am actually needing help on a similar question. Stock lower, idler, and a not installed yet whipple 2.3 with 3.0 pulley. I’m looking for a belt size please.
Here is what the idler looks like now but the blower will obviously be coming off and the whipple going on.
Any help on the belt size and or part number is greatly appreciated
902e9aa3665125c0f44200ec28828be7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94slowbra1

Established Member
The 3.0 upper and stock lower should net the same boost as the 3.5 upper with 4lb lower. And both of those should be able to run on 93. Those two combos are pretty aggressive, i wouldn't suggest anything more.
I ran the 3.5/4lb on my 2.3 gen1 whipple and made 19lbs and 617hp. Snappy little combo

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I have a gen 2 2.3, factory manifolds, catted xpipe, factory lower.

With 3.0 upper I see 18psi, it makes 560 on a super conservative pump 93 tune. With 2.6 upper I see 22psi, it makes 714 on a super aggressive E85 tune.

Needless to say, I can't even remember the last time I ran the pump gas tune haha!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I am actually needing help on a similar question. Stock lower, idler, and a not installed yet whipple 2.3 with 3.0 pulley. I’m looking for a belt size please.
Here is what the idler looks like now but the blower will obviously be coming off and the whipple going on.
Any help on the belt size and or part number is greatly appreciated
View attachment 1644033

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running a factory sized 75.1 RPM belt from gates. With a whipple adjustable tension pulley. That 75.1 belt will work for both the 3.0 upper or 2.6 upper setups.

Hef

Established Member
I have a gen 2 2.3, factory manifolds, catted xpipe, factory lower.

With 3.0 upper I see 18psi, it makes 560 on a super conservative pump 93 tune. With 2.6 upper I see 22psi, it makes 714 on a super aggressive E85 tune.

Needless to say, I can't even remember the last time I ran the pump gas tune haha!
Damn! Workin that 2.3. Im always amazed what those 2.3's can put down

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Damn! Workin that 2.3. Im always amazed what those 2.3's can put down

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Yes. So I have a 154 hp difference between the 2 fuel setups. And in reality, it's worth even more than that. E85 tune more peak TQ, more low and mid range TQ, and essentially no timing yanked as intake temps creep higher. Gas tunes start yanking timing as early as 100 IAT2. E85 just laughs at that.

Users who are viewing this thread