Whipple 2.3 gen1 w3a rebuild

#1 TUNER

Established Member
Rebuilding my Whipple. Just curious if anybody has made and rebuild videos? Don't see any on YouTube. Ive built a few now and still don't know the proper torque for any of the bolts. Anybody know? I sent email to jonbond but no reply yet. If anybody knows the proper tolerance and clearance specs let me know.

cobracide

Established Member
The early whipples are Lyshom. The later gens @ +2006 ish are whipple's own design and are more efficient. I'm sure whipple can help with the specs you need.

#1 TUNER

Established Member
The early whipples are Lyshom. The later gens @ +2006 ish are whipple's own design and are more efficient. I'm sure whipple can help with the specs you need.
Yeah I tried calling Whipple but they just said it was a gen1. But couldn't tell me what rotors it had. I know the blower with lysholm rotors supposedly use 5w-50 motor oil and the newer rotor design used a different fluid. Not much info on this or exactly how to I.d. these.

#1 TUNER

Established Member
So apparently there were 3 designs
The 1st being built by lysholm which stopped in 2005. then the gen 1 was born serial starting with (W3Axxxx) till 2008. then gen 2 starting with (W140). I still can't seem to find proper torque specs or clearances for any. Not much info out there for rebuilding these. I'll definitely make a video once I find out the correct tolerances from Whipple if I can.

Users who are viewing this thread