whipple 2.3 few questions

Tornbtwentwo

Established Member
Hey guys i just picked up a 2.3 and have a few questions.

Where do i get a SBTB gasket?

Does everyone replace the bolts that bolt down the intercooler to the supercharger? where do you get them from?

Can i use the stock throttle body bracket?

Where is the serial number on these?

What other gaskets/bolts should i plan on getting also?
IAC, EGR, orings???

Last edited:

cbr repsol

Established Member
Hey guys i just picked up a 2.3 and have a few questions.

Where do i get a SBTB gasket?u can make your own...autozone sells sheets u can cut out

Does everyone replace the bolts that bolt down the intercooler to the supercharger? where do you get them from?i didnt...whipples use shorter allen headed bolts

Can i use the stock throttle body bracket?whipples have throttle body brackets built into them

Where is the serial number on these?im pretty sure its up on top after the snout

What other gaskets/bolts should i plan on getting also?
IAC, EGR, orings???u reuse the metal plate gasket...need some rtv gray or black...u can reuse the iac and egr gasket..never had a problem reusing those many times

Last edited:

Tornbtwentwo

Established Member
Throttle body gasket.
I was thinking of making my own. So that works

Intercooler bolts.
If they are shorter allen head bolts then you must have got new ones. did you get new ones when you buy a 2.3 new? Does anyone know how long they are?

Throttle body bracket.
Soooooo. i didn't get one with mine. Should i call Whipple or someone to order one?

Gaskets.
What about the o-rings that are on the piece that you pull out of the lower manifold that is in front of the engine. (not sure what its called) What are they called so i can get new ones. Also what about lower intake manifold gaskets??

Thank you

cbr repsol

Established Member
Throttle body gasket.
I was thinking of making my own. So that works

Intercooler bolts.
If they are shorter allen head bolts then you must have got new ones. did you get new ones when you buy a 2.3 new? Does anyone know how long they are?

Throttle body bracket.
Soooooo. i didn't get one with mine. Should i call Whipple or someone to order one?

Gaskets.
What about the o-rings that are on the piece that you pull out of the lower manifold that is in front of the engine. (not sure what its called) What are they called so i can get new ones. Also what about lower intake manifold gaskets??

Thank you
U get new bolts for the whipple when u buy it new...sounds like u bought a used blower and seller didnt include everything?
U need the specific throttle cable bracket for the whipple..the lower manifold gasket are reusable 99% of the time unless they are damaged. The o rings are for the intercooler housing..ive reused them many times but u could get new ones if u would like..i think they are 10 bucks each from ford and u need 4 of them.

Whipples # is 559 442 1261

Hope this helps,i would just order a complete bolt kit so u dont have issues. U need special ones for the tmap sensor,bolting the blower down to lower & I think tb as well.

Tornbtwentwo

Established Member
Just called whipple the throttle cable bracket is $30 and the bolt kit is $30 also.
Bolt kit comes with intercooler bolts and the lower intake bolts. along with a few others.

Not a bad deal for the bolts. about $1 per bolt or so.

So pretty much all gaskets on this can be reused.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread