Whipple 2.3 dyno results

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
My wife and I took her car to Injected Engineering in Kennesaw GA Thurs. morning. It made 576hp/544tq SAE on 16.5lbs. I was surprised the boost was that low as it has a 2.90 RR upper and stock lower. I was thinking about 17.5lbs. My tuner (Aric) claims this happens sometimes. Anyway, I'm still pleased with the results. Aric got the car spot on. Drives like stock until you open her up. Then it takes you for a ride. Here is a list of the current mods, consider everything else stock. I will also add that this was on 93.

Whipple 2.3 (Gen 1)
2.90 RR Upper
Accufab SBTB
90mm MA w/ Mafia
Afco HE
63lb injectors
2 Ford GT pumps in a Fore hat
2 FDPM
Bassani x-pipe w/ cats
Borla Stinger exhaust

Last edited:

cbr repsol

Established Member
That boost sounds about right. it may have been slightly lower since u have a aftermarket mid pipe with only 2 cats .Im going to crack 600rwhp with the torco.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Awsome congrats. I'm curious with these whipples is 3rd gear almost useless on the street?

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
Nice set up same as mine except I have an off road x and stock pumps with a BAP. I'm waiting for my gen1 to come back from a rebuild but 576/544 seems a little low to me? I will be running a 3in upper and looking for 17 pounds, I think that I will be disappointed with anything less than 590/560...Am I expecting too much? My tunner said I should put down 600rwhp...

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Nice numbers! Congrats on the freight train you own now!

Its a lot of fun to drive. Almost to fun.

Awsome congrats. I'm curious with these whipples is 3rd gear almost useless on the street?

On the street 1st gear is useless, 2nd is smoking them to redline, and 3rd is making up the lost time. I have Nitto 315's in the back and they barely grip in third. I dunno bout the rest, I'm already over 100mph in 3rd. If you can roll into 2nd and get some speed, 3rd gear is pretty damn scary!

Nice set up same as mine except I have an off road x and stock pumps with a BAP. I'm waiting for my gen1 to come back from a rebuild but 576/544 seems a little low to me? I will be running a 3in upper and looking for 17 pounds, I think that I will be disappointed with anything less than 590/560...Am I expecting too much? My tunner said I should put down 600rwhp...

On a side note, I'm running converters and your not. You may make even less boost. Its really hard to know until you put it on the dyno.

My tuner actually leaned it out some and it made less hp. I forgot to ask what he set the timing at. He is a respectable tuner and if the power was there, he would have found it. The Whipple had a 3.00 upper on when I got it and I put the 2.9 on to get it closer to 18lbs. But it didn't get there. But after doing some research, the numbers I put down on 16.5lbs is pretty strong. I was hoping for at least 575 with 18lbs. I know now that 19lbs will put it over 600hp. I may try that in the fall but it actually has more than enough power for the street now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread