Whipple 140ax question

Redfirecobra04

Established Member
Gents, I am ready to buy the whipple from Steeda, what else do I need to go along with it to go onto the 04 Cobra? Injectors, boost a pump.....

thanx for the help

spray175

Established Member
I bought 60# injectors and wire harness and BAP with wire upgrade. Steve at Tousley ford has a great deal on whipples, doubt you can get that from steeda, might want to check him out.

- Aj -

Established Member
Steve is a member on here, svtfordparts I think is his sn. He can get you the whip for about $3k shipped (may be more to canada).

04blackSVT

Established Member
60lbs injectors with harness, some idlers for belt slip, Larger Heat Exchanger, MAFia (MAF extender), a diablo or SCT hand held tuner. A colder set of plugs...NGK TR6's. Instead of the boost-a-pump, I went with ford GT pumps.

You will probably be in the high 500's/low 600's...You will be needing a new clutch and possible an input shaft.

Good luck with the whipple, I know you will enjoy it.

Last edited:

USBlueStage2

Established Member
The Ford Racing catalog says that you can run a Whipple with a 3.5" pulley without any further mods and gain 85 rwhp and 50 tq.

Redfirecobra04

Established Member
USBlueStage2 said:
The Ford Racing catalog says that you can run a Whipple with a 3.5" pulley without any further mods and gain 85 rwhp and 50 tq.

That's what I was wondering as well but I guess once the blower comes off you should replace the injectors anyhow as that's the only time to be able to get at them when the blower is removed.

At what point do you need to upgrade the fuel pump and mass air sensor?

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well you can run the whipple with everything being stock but that is not recommended. Minimum I would say 60#ers, BAP, and tune if keeping it on the 3.5 pulley for a bit. If you go with a smaller pulley then I would suggest some idlers and a few other bolt on mods, but it all comes down to money.

Users who are viewing this thread