whinning sound i believe coming from trans

silver93

Established Member
i hear a whinning sound that sound to me is coming from the trans. it starts whinning after the motor gets above 1600rpms and the higher the rpms the louder it sounds. it does it with the clutch in or out and i dont hear it at idle. it doesnt matter if you are sitting in nuetral or cruising down the road it makes the same sound. has anyone else had any issue like this and if so what was it and how did you fix it. as far as the car shifting it does fine. oh yeah it is a t56 also. thanks

silver93

Established Member
yes the more you accelarate the louder it is. i can hardly hear it from under the hood all i hear from under the hood when i give it gas is the kb blower. i can hear it better from in the car. im not sure what you mean by pinch air breather tube.

Ukfox89

Established Member
i doubt it is but theres an air breather tube on the top of the T56 and mine had a pinch in it, just got caught between something and it creased the tube, made a really high pitched sqeal. does the tranny perform well? like go in and out of gears well and all that jazz. when you change the trans fluid is it really matalicy?

silver93

Established Member
yeah it goes in and out gear just fine. i havent changed the fluid but i have plans on doing so what type of fluid is the best for the t56?

silver93

Established Member
i am going to change the fluid and check the tube and see if that helps ill keep in touch. thanks for the input

Users who are viewing this thread