Whining sound

Zeromaz

Established Member
I noticed this morning that my GT350R didn’t sound right when i started it up. There is a quiet whining sound. Out of gear at idle it is present and when putting it in gear and going, the pitch of the sound goes up with the RPMs. Anyone have an idea?

Zemedici

Established Member
Jeez

Rear end? Transmission?

In reality it’s peobably the motor consuming itself.

J/K

Video?

Zeromaz

Established Member
Just went out to try and get a video but it wasn’t making the noise... it was doing it the entire way to work. About 30-40 minutes of driving. Kinda sounds like a supercharger whine

MG0h3

Established Member
If it’s related to the transmission, you can usually manipulate the sound by increasing the rpms while stationary and depressing/or releasing the clutch.

If it’s an accessory like the alt you won’t hear a change.

Not a hard and fast rule on the transmission diagnosis but usually works.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ANGREY

Established Member
The pitch changes as I push on the accelerator in and out of gear.

Then it's obviously not the trans and probably in the accessory drive system. Spend the $10 on a stethoscope and get a friend to work the accelerator for you while you check the idlers, the balancer, the alternator, the water pump, etc.

Zeromaz

Established Member
Nothing from the dealer. They were unable to replicate it.... however, that same day I was able to capture the sound on my cell phone. Its hard to notice if you don't know exactly what a GT350 sounds like though. Can you guys notice it in the clip?

Users who are viewing this thread