Whining Feedback Sound

z06h8tr

Established Member
Hey guys ever since I did my pulley swap on my car (BF 2.76") Im getting a weird whining feedback sound like I have a bad ground somewhere. It was never doing it before, and started as soon as I pullied it. So my question is do I need to be running a different alternator pulley? I have a BF 100mm idler with BF 2.76" pulley and the rest of my mods are in my sig. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks SVTP!

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
if you are still running the stock lower, then a different alt pulley is not a must, although it will help prolong the life of the alternator. i dont think this is what is causing your issue.

z06h8tr

Established Member
yeah after all the research I did I came to the same conclusion about not needing to change the pulley out, but like I said the feedback sound was never there until I pullied the car. and I cant find anything about this, so im lost

77ihwheeler

Established Member
I could be very wrong here but it might be possible the by changing your pulley is changed the frequency your alt. runs at and that is causing inference with your stearo system. Mine was doing the same buzzing noise and it turned out to be a bad ground but you can also go to an electronic store and get a supressor that is just a small box with three wires that should help get ride of the noise

Users who are viewing this thread